Scheduled TVH I think I'm a wreck! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I'm a wreck! I think I'm a wreck!

Unread 07-27-2010, 01:00 PM
I think I'm a wreck!

I'm scheduled for a TVH on 8/16/10. I've done alot of reading on this site...great site by the way!! But now I'm wondering if it isn't making me more anxious. I find that I'm doing alot of emotional eating, snapping at people, and feeling very scatter brained. I still have 3 weeks to go. I don't think I'll be able to stand myself...LOL!! Is what I'm feeling normal?:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Re: I think I'm a wreck!

i'd say it is normal, some people get anxiety so bad and they ask the Dr for meds. I loved reading all the preparation ideas on here. I felt calm the day of surgery cause I k new i had everything ready. Don't read the post op boards yet. save those for when you are recovering and need to know.

good luck
Unread 07-27-2010, 01:19 PM

bboop67 what you are feeling is so VERY normal. Im scheduled tomorrow for TVH/BOS and I know how you feel. Take a deep breath. First try to not to go on over load with all the info. Try not to read the post op section yet (that area freaked me out) Remember why you are doing it and that you will feel 150% better once you have it done. Use this site to vent your nerves and get help from those who are in the same boat as you. I wont tell you that you wont get more nervous as the date nears but try not to let it eat you up. Use those that are close to you as you leaning post and this site to help you ease those nerves. We are a unique group of people and all know what you are going through. I hope this helped. Hugs and good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2010, 06:02 PM

Yep, good news--you are normal!!! I was so anxious prior to my trip to the castle that I put on 5lbs in two weeks from emotional eating! The waiting is the hardest part, but this too shall pass and then you will be on your way to a new and improved you! Good luck with everything!
Unread 07-27-2010, 06:51 PM

bboop67,

There were times before my surgery when I'd stop reading the post-op forum because the stories of struggles were really disturbing. It wasn't that I discounted my sisters' struggles, it just didn't always serve me to read about them.

So my suggestion is when you're feeling particularly anxious, maybe give hystersisters.com a pass for awhile, just to give your nerves a break.

While knowledge is power, it can also drive you nuts!
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:01 PM

bboop- I agree with staying away from the post-op forum. Bond with those who are pre-op. I didn't find out about this site until after my surgery, and I'm glad I didn't. I even get slight anxiety now when I read posts by my surgery-week sisters. Reading too much can be overwhelming. Take it one day at a time and reach out for pre-op support. We all need and help each other.

Have a good evening and be encouraged.
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:41 PM

Hello. I am having a TVH on 8/13. I am also a nervous wreck, but I do find it comforting to know others are out there going through the same thing and coming out the other side. I like the advice about staying away from the post-op thread til after though. I have stopped reading over there. Best wishes to you and keep telling yourself that this is just a tiny hurdle in what will surely be a long, healthy life!
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:14 AM

bboop67,

I am also scheduled for 8/16 (dVH - hoping to keep my ovaries). I am anxious, scared, nervous, and ready to be on the other side, but more anxious and emotional on weekends than weekdays when I am working and busy. My husband works weekends and I wind up spending time by myself (cleaning and thinking too much).

I did reach a point when I had to get myself to stop reading this board and actually gave myself a day (a whole day) away from it.

Anyway, it feels better to be here and I am happy to have sisters.
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:19 AM

My TAH is on Aug. 3. My body told me this morning that I'm stressing. Aunt Flo came to visit and she's reminding me why I'm having the surgery done. Not that I need reminding, Aunt Flo! But, I definitely got the point to just relax and stop stressing about what needs to be done and if I'll get it all done in time. It's not going anywhere and it will still be there when I've recouperated and able to get to it. I have read up on the post-op sites of what to expect and what not to do and that was really helpfull. I'm staying away from the post-op forum for the fear of having something not go right. And I do think that I need to stay away from my hystersisters and give myself my mind a break. ( You all have been so comforting!
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:47 AM

so far I have stay in the pre op forum. I don't want to read the post op yet. I know even though I am getting to know everyone I also know that I need to take a break whether for a few hours or till the next day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register