Unwanted hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unwanted hysterectomy Unwanted hysterectomy

Unread 07-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Unwanted hysterectomy

I have been dealing with pelvic pain for over two years and no doc would do a lap to see what was going on because i have a unicornuate uterus with a pelvic kidney. For two years i fought the good fight of not having anyone really listen to me and taking pain meds out of despiration. The pain got worse and it hurt to go to the bathroom and my gyn was concerned that i had endometriosis growing in places it shouldn't or that my unicornuate horn of my uterus(i only have one working fallopian tube, the other not fully formed) finally I went to another GYN that sent me to Dr. H who works with pelvic pain. After talking with me for just a short time he diagnosed me with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. This is a condition in which you have Varicose veins in your uterus. The only way to comfirm this is to insert dye but it is a very painful procedure. So it was agreed that he was to go in lap and take out any scar tissue and see if there were any cysts.

When he got inside he had never seen so many varicose veins and after 6 hours of surgery he only scraped one side. He also found a cyst on my ovary. He said I would need surgery again in 6 months. The next 2 days I started running up to 103 temps and i was rushed into a nuclear scan and they found that i had a blood clot in my pelvic kidney and that it was dying. I don't remember much of this at all, only that he told my husband that he had to go in and remove it and thought it best to perform a hysterectomy.

That is where I am stopping the story because the rest is on facebook. I have been fighting docs on them wanting to give me a hysterectomy for years. It's not like i had time to think about it. I am struggling with feeling like I am not whole. I can't help but feel like I am less than a woman. I know my uterus was not ideal, but it miraculously gave me the three most perfect blessings a mom could ever hope for. I am feeling victimised and sad at the loss of my organs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Re: Unwanted hysterectomy

I am sorry you had to have a surgery you did not want. You are not alone here with that feeling. You are experiencing very normal feelings and grieving a loss which is natural. Your health is important and it will take some time to heal emotionally and physically. You are more than body parts that make you the wonderful woman you are.

So glad you could come here and share with us.

Sending lot's of your way.

:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register