LSH turned Supra-cervical Abdominal Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH turned Supra-cervical Abdominal Hysterectomy LSH turned Supra-cervical Abdominal Hysterectomy

Unread 08-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Talking - LSH turned Supra-cervical Abdominal Hysterectomy LSH turned Supra-cervical Abdominal Hysterectomy

Things with me started in October of last year when I got an ovarian cyst that ruptured. I felt pain like I never felt before. Was told off and on the ovary looked “weird” and possible cancer. I was put on birth control pills to prevent further cysts from forming. After several months of tests, the cyst finally went away (no cancer) but my periods were coming every two weeks, lasting longer and the cramps were unbelievable. I always had bad cramps but these were unbearable and lasted 5+ days. I also had fibroids along with an enlarged uterus so my Dr. suggested a hysterectomy and suspected the fibroids were the cause of all my problems. A Laparoscopic Supra-cervical Hysterectomy procedure was suggested on June 21st which I gladly agreed to and was happy Laparoscopic was now an option. I was still quit nervous for the surgery though. I was told my surgery would take about 2 hours so I was beyond shocked when I woke up in recovery 5 hours later. I soon found out they had to do an abdominal incision. I had very severe endometriosis that “glued” my uterus to my colon, ovaries and bowels. I also had a large fibroid stuck to my colon. They were unable to get all the endometriosis out so I was given a Lupron shot that would last 3 months so I am going through medical menopause right now. The Lupron shot is supposed to kill the rest of the endo but there is still no cure for it.

I was shocked when I found out how extension my situation was but then felt better knowing I now have an answer for why I was having all these health issues. I will admit the recovery was not easy but I would do it all over again in a heart beat as I already have noticed improvements in my health. These would include, no more IBS symptoms, no more frequent urination, no more extreme fatigue, pelvic pressure/pain and the unbelievable cramps I was getting with my period. I also don’t miss Aunt Flow at all.

I am currently 6 weeks post-op and did a hike in the mountains at 5 weeks. My family could not keep up with me. ;-) I used to be out of breath but that’s gone away too! I am still not out of the woods as we need to see what happens when the Lupron shot wears off in late September but I am hopeful. My Dr mentioned having to take my ovaries out too if they give me problems so it’s a wait and see now. If most of my pain is gone, I will be happy.

Hugs to all out there going through this and that will be having surgery in the future. I know it’s scary but hang in there, it will all turn out fine! I am thankful for sites like this that we can share our stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register