new here , scared 1 week and 2 days before surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here , scared  1 week and 2 days before surgery new here , scared 1 week and 2 days before surgery

Unread 10-24-2001, 07:50 PM
new here , scared 1 week and 2 days before surgery

help i feel like i am going crazy i am 30 years old and just got told i need to have a hysterectomy i am scheduled for nov 2, 2001 in indiana, any help or respone or prayers is welcome [email protected]. help help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2001, 08:05 PM

Ronlynn

So sorry to hear your news but you came to the right website. There are a lot of ladies here who would love to help. Checking out the pre-op message would be a GREAT place to start.

I've already put you on my prayer list so you'll find exactly what you need here to help you put away the fear and get through this experience just fine and there WILL be others said for you!

What's your diagnosis? Are you feeling pretty stinko already or was this a total surprise?

I had a TAH-BSO (total abdominal hysterectomy with both ovaries removed) in April for a diagnosis of Cancer and didn't find this site until after my surgery, so you are ahead of the game already!

Looking forward to seeing another message from you.

wendy j
Unread 10-24-2001, 08:19 PM
Take a Deep Breath!

Hey RonLynn,
You are not alone! This is a great place to get a lot of good information to help you with your anxiety. It has really helped me to insight from others and I hope it will do the same for you. I had a partial hysterectomy at 31 and am about to go back to get the rest of it. The first time around was relatively easy for me and hopefully, this one will be too. Feel free to email me if you want to talk. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2001, 08:35 PM

RonLynn,

I am having surgery on the same day as you and I feel your anguish and pain!! I was originally scheduled for November 7 but I couldn't stand the pain any longer so they moved it up as soon as my doc could. I am also anxious, stressed, nervous, worried, etc. etc. etc. as well as being in pain. This site has been a godsend as well as the awesome chat room. Be sure to visit those and ask all the tough questions you have. Everyone is great here. If you ever want to chat, let me know.

We're going to get through this!!!
Unread 10-24-2001, 08:40 PM
you've arrived

Ronlynn

Welcome to the best hysterectomy support web site ever created!!:

I totally agree with the other sisters, you will find the best advice and all the support you could ever hope for here. This site has come to mean so much to me.

Check out all the forums and the pulldown menus. Post any and all questions you have. Or if you just need to vent you're still in the right place.

Please keep us up to date.
Unread 10-24-2001, 08:42 PM

Welcome to Hystersisters! So glad you found us. This is a great hysterectomy site to find lots of support, love and good, solid information. You don't say what your diagnosis is or what kind of surgery is being recommended? I hope you will post again and let us know so we can be of more help to you. There are some wonderful pull-down menus here. You may be particularly interested in the Ladys in Waiting menu on the home page and also Hystersister stories. There is also an Options and Alternatives portion of this sight. It is a good thing to research your options before plunging into any major surgery.

Best wishes to you and many prayers! We will be with you to support you.

Love and s
Unread 10-24-2001, 09:49 PM

Hi Lynn,

I wanted to welcome you to this WONDERFUL website and wish you well on your surgery. I will be undergoing my partial hysterectomy on November 19,2001 and I am 36yrs old.

As mentioned in one of the above replies, please review previous pre-op post(s) as they are most helpful. In particular, I started a thread entitled "Anyone in 30's/Knows anyone in 30's who had/will have a hysterectomy" back on 10/6 or 10/7/01. The responses were great and I think you will find some, if not most, of them to be very helpful. Please go back and review. (I think you can look up my profile and find the post. Otherwise, you can probably go through archive or go back to 10/6/01 or 10/7/01.)

Lynn, you did not indicate why you need the hysterectomy. Since you are having some reservations, have you thought about seeking a second opinion? It's just a thought.

At any rate, if you want to talk, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] and I will be more than willing to talk to you.

God Bless you and I pray that God gives you peace at this time.

LadyP8

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register