Weird symptoms for Adenomyosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird symptoms for Adenomyosis? Weird symptoms for Adenomyosis?

Unread 08-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Weird symptoms for Adenomyosis?

Hi-

i am scheduled for a TLH on Sept 1 for adenomyosis. I have some of the typical symptoms like bloating, periods that last almost two weeks with severe hemorrhaging the first couple of days, pain with the use of tampons or during sex...and also some symptoms that seem typical to others here with adenomyosis like frequent urination and affected bowel movements (in my case chronic constipation).

However, I do not suffer from severe pain, just enough to make things bothersome, especially aches on my right side around the kidney area and twinges in the pelvic region. The symptom that got me to go to my dr. was actually severe fatigue, lack of focus, jitteriness...all to the point that I am scared to drive sometimes! I almost got into a really bad accident with all my kids in the car (ages 1, 2 and 4, all girls) when in this state. Needless to say, I was a mess and became very determined to find out what was wrong. it took three different doctors and LOTS of tests, but the only thing that comes close to explaining things is adenomyosis, which my ob/gyn says there is a high probability that I have considering the condition of my uterus and the heavy bleeding during and the length of my periods.

Does anyone else have these weird fatigue/jitteriness symptoms? it is like I can't process what is going on around me correctly. I am having a day like that today and decided grocery shopping would have to wait. I am too scared to drive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Re: Weird symptoms for Adenomyosis?

Could that be due to anemia? It goes along with the blood loss.
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:37 PM

problem is, this symptom does not always coincide with blood loss...right now i am probably 1-4 days from my period (the range is due to the fact that my periods are getting closer and closer together and I am not sure when it will come this month!). Does one suffer anemia during the time right before one's period actually begins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2010, 02:44 PM

hey,
I was also diagnosed with Adenomyosis and will be having a LAVH in 2 1/2 weeks. And yes I have experienced the fatigue and jitteryness. I guess I described it to my Dr. as feeling "out of it". (Is there a medical term for that?) I hope you get things figured out, and I don't blame you for not going grocery shopping either! I've put plenty on the backburner for the sake of my 13 month old's safety. I wish you the best!
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:57 PM

avantgardener: Yes, feeling "out of it" is what I tried to tell all the doctors, and they just looked at me like I was weird, so I started using fatigue and jitteriness, that seemed to provoke a more positive response from the medical community!

Well, you will not know if the surgery helps you on this front before i go under, but hopefully we will both be able to report that this symptom is GONE, GONE, GONE in a few months!

Best wishes to you too!
Unread 08-09-2010, 04:59 PM

I was wondering, do either of you ladies ever have migraines? I have severe adenomyosis - my uterus is also sealed off from post ablation/post ligation syndrome so it has grown to the size of a sixth month pregnancy. According to my neurologist there is something about the way the adenomyosis affects severe dilation of blood vessels that relates to migraines and those symptoms you described sound very similar to pre-migraine symptoms.
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM

I started having weird panic attacks while I was driving and when I looked back after several months I realized that I had my period every time I had the attacks. I never discussed it with my doctors for fear of them thinking I was absolutly nuts! I cant believe that there are others out there having similar symptoms! hang in there your not alone.
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:38 PM

I have not been diagnosed with adenomyosis, but the symptoms you all are describing fit me to a T. I often feel tired and unable to focus and just out of it in general. I don't have bleeding issues anymore due to an ablation in 2006. But, my PMS symptoms changed drastically to PMDD symptoms almost immediately after the ablation. I have suffered from headaches for years and have had one every day for the past week and a half. Cannot wait to be on the other side in a couple of weeks!!!
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM

No migraines, but i have had weird attacks that I can only describe as temporary hypoglycemia (severe shaking, jitteriness, feeling hollow inside, and then extreme fatigue once the shaking subsides)...this happens after rather vigorous exercise like mowing the lawn, and will last for hours. I have been checked for hypoglycemia, but nothing. This has happened in the days just prior to getting my period...has scared me enough not to try vigorous exercise anymore! Even walks in the morning can give me mild versions of this at the right time of the month...I will be happy when it is ALL OVER!
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:44 PM

I just found out I have adenomyosis about 2 wks ago. I always knew about the fibroids but, it is only upon going to a new dr that he told me from my MRI images that I also have adenomyosis, interesting since other drs had seen those same images and never told me that but, it makes sense to me. Anyway, I do feel forgetful at times and like I can't retain info for too long. The fatigue comes and goes that I thought was becuase of my anemia which I am supposed to be taking iron for. My periods are generally right on time and last about 4 days with day one and two being very heavy. I have just now started to get the pain in the pelvic area associated with the adenomyosis too. These last three months.
I hope that with my da vinci surgery on Aug.24 all this will be taken care of and I can live a life that is somewhat normal. Hang in there ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register