Frustrated - Back to work struggles | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated - Back to work struggles Frustrated - Back to work struggles

Unread 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Frustrated - Back to work struggles

I'm 4 weeks out from a daVinci. I was cleared to go back to work after 2 weeks. I have a very flexible job as an admin. asst. I'm technically a contract employee, so I don't have set hours. Some days are busier than others. I haven't made it up to my normal 26 hours a week yet. I feel like I'm doing pretty good if I can put in 4 1/2 hours (when I normally worked 6 1/2).

This week is crazy busy. Lot of stuff needing to be done. I worked my tail off yesterday and paid dearly for it. I was in so much pain when I got home and crashed! Woke up and did some more work from here and crashed again. Today is a very busy day with a lot of deadlines. I did everything ahead of time, but I still have to be the one to go to the post office.

Here's the problem. I can work through pain and fatigue. There's a price to be paid, but I can do it. I can't work through the bowel issues. I can't control what's going on in my belly. I can go a couple of days with a normal bowel movement in the morning, and then whammo.... there's a day when I can't seem to get out of the bathroom. Today is one of those days.

I just feel so frustrated. I feel like I'm letting everyone down. My boss is very understanding. The office manager is not. She actually told me on Friday that I should be over this by now. I know the boss doesn't want to replace me, but I can't help but feel like they're wondering why I'm not back to normal. I was told I'd only be out 2 weeks, so they're ready for me to be back to normal. I don't feel back to normal.

I wish now I hadn't said I'd be back in 2 weeks. Everybody is so understanding in the beginning and then they try to make you feel bad because you're still recovering at 4 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Re: Frustrated - Back to work struggles

I'm sorry you're going through this at work. When they say we can go back to work in 2 wks, I wonder if they realize this is what its like. I'm lucky I was told 6-8 wks so when I came back sooner work was happy. I don't know what to say about the bowel issues----would Immodium help? Rest up a lot on the weekends, and I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM

I'm resisting imodium, because I don't want to get constipated. I became too reliant on imodium before the surgery. I would have a lot of problems a few days around the start of my period, so I would take imodium. Then I'd be stopped up for a few days. (sorry, TMI!)

I'm fortunate that I can do some things from home, but there are days when I have to be there. Luckily the boss has assured me that he's got everything under control today. ::sigh::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2010, 03:57 PM

I'm sorry.
Unread 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM

i had a davinci also and was still on pain meds at 3 weeks... i'm a stay at home mom with my own home-based business, but there was no way i felt up to doing anything until 6-8 weeks... i really disagree that having a davinci means a faster recovery...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register