Surgery Postponed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Postponed Surgery Postponed

Unread 10-25-2001, 11:26 AM
Surgery Postponed

Thank you everyone for your replys and thoughts. I spoke with my doctor yesterday and she decided to postpone the surgery until next Friday (argh!!). She wants this oncologist there who is out of town this week. So all this worrying has to wait until next week. I had to go to the doctor on Monday and I was a nervous wreck, my bp was sky high, and I didn't even go near the GYN clinic. So as you can tell I am very nervous. Probably most nervous of them going in and finding more than just the CIS. She said it has not gotten worse, but it has gotten bigger. I guess decided to spread it's love. So what's next? That would be great if they could do the pathology right then and there and then do the Hysterectomy. But I am not sure which one they will do , TAH or TVH. Which one is better? Are they both as painfull as the other? Sorry this is so long, but I am full of questions, and you all are so great to answer them. I love this web site and would be so stressed without it. Thanks Sisters'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2001, 12:31 PM
Surgery Postponed

Having surgery postponed must be so disappointing I had a LAVH and I had pain for the first few days that was quite uncomfortable but controlled with strong pain meds ( called pethidine here ) and then the pain was controlled with a paracetamol. Not sure which type is better . You just try not to worry too much and hopefully this next week will just fly by. love always x x
Unread 10-25-2001, 12:52 PM
Surgery Postponed

OH Luvnwyf!!!
I am so sorry you have to wait yet another week!!! Thats the pits I know, but I always like to think that everything happens for a reason, and for whatever reason its meant to be.
And she obviously really wants this particular oncologist there, so thats really good as it shows she wants the best of the best to be on hand.

As for TAH or TVH, I gotta tell you until I found this site, and met a few of the ladies here, I thought it was standard pratice that anytime cancer was either suspected or confirmed, they always went with the TAH so they could have a good look around, but I have since found out thats not the case at all. I know that with ovarian its pretty standard I think that its a TAH, and usually vertical from what I have heard. Thats what I had, and the healing wasn't bad at all. I can honestly say that as of now, I don't even remember being in much pain with the incision at all.

I had morphine for 24 hours and then Tylenol 3 from day 2 for about a week.

Just try and keep positive thoughts, and know that we are here for ya. Keeping good thoughts and prayers for next week for ya!!
I have a 3 month check up that day, so I am kind of nervous about that day coming as well, but I am sure we will both do just fine.

Sending big hugs to ya!!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2001, 06:42 AM
Surgery Postponed

I'm sorry that you have to go through this worrying for another week, but maybe it is better this way. It really is a good idea to have the oncologist present and your doc is looking out for your well being! Try to relax and use this week to your advantage. Get in those last minute things that you ran out of time to do! Maybe go out to dinner and treat yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register