Im new anD confused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im new anD  confused Im new anD confused

Unread 08-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Im new anD confused

I had complete hystrectomy in 1995,,took hormoneas untilll 8 years ago and nothing till july 23 2010 dr tried me on estradiol patch i could not keep it on,now she is changing me to low dose of menest,,ihave never been on it,i have been on premarin and estratest.............i have suffered anxiety and depresssion for years,been on anxiety med for 20 years and now anrideprressants,,i have no energy no sex drive dryness and wonder ing will estrogen help..i was told it will make me more tired...i will be seeing a bioidentical dr in two weeks but starteing menest today..will it help sex drive and energy,im desparate i want my life back..had a tubal in 1986
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Re: Im new anD confused

Hi camarocarol and

I am sorry to hear you are feeling rotten. You mention that you took HRT (hormone replacement therapy) in the past. Did you feel well while taking it? If so, why did you discontinue taking it?

If estogen replacement helped you in the past I think it's likely that it would help you now, too. From what I have researched, estrogen is not typically prescribed solely as a libido-booster; testosterone is usually felt to be more helpful but that's not a sure-fire remedy, either.

I have used Menest in the past as part if my HRT regimen and felt its positive benefits in terms of preventing hot flashes and other typical surgical menopause symptoms but I didn't experience any relief from anxiety and depression from its use. I don't think this medication claims to have any such benefits. For anxiety and depression, taking an SSRI or SNRI is a more-proven benefit from what has been explained to me by my doctor.

I hope that in partnership with your medical provider you find the path to better health soon.

s,
Unread 08-12-2010, 09:26 AM

Thanks,yes i used hormones right after my complete hysrectomy untill about 8 years ago when i had no insurance so i stopped..i suffer from anxiety and depression and take xanax for anxiety and meds for depression,thye dont really help...i started menest yesterday after trying the esradiol patch for 2 weeks i went thru a months supply of patches in that time cause they wouldnt stay on,truthfully im scared to take menest or anything for fear they will make me more depressed or even less energy..im hoping it will help with that,im going to a dr in 2 weeks that does bioidenticals..its been so long since my surgery 1995 that im wondering if hormones will even help or they mightg give me heart attack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2010, 09:45 AM

I had my hormones checked b blood work i know my total estrogen was -35 so dr is taking me off menest and for now trying estrtest and a estrogenvaginal creame,,,,she upped the ampount of estergen........i was feeling more energetic on the menest and then it stopped,im going offprozac but still on wellbutrin and xanax....will the stestorone help my sex drive and give me energy ..she said if this dont work she will make me a compunding mixture

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register