Pesty | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-25-2001, 05:18 PM
Pesty

HI AGAIN ,

I'M SORRY TO BE SO PESTY ,I KNOW ALOT OF YOU GIRLS ARE HAVING A FAR MORE SERIOUS TIME THAN I.
BUT I JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME , HOW SOON THEY WERE SCHEDUALED FOR HYST. AFTER YOU WERE DIAGNOSED.? I SAW MY ONOCOL.GYNE. OCT.11TH AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN SCHEDUALED. HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE AN ASSOC. PROFESSOR AND FROM THE NUMBER 1 HOSP. IN CHICAGO. UNIV. OF CHGO.
HE WILL BE DOING THE HYST. BUT STILL NO DATE AND I'M READY TO GO NUTS I'M SO NERVOUS AND SCARED.
THANKS ALOT FOR LETTING ME WHINE. HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT THIS KIND OF CANCER (ENDO STAGE 1) IS 98% CURABLE. IS THAT RIGHT??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2001, 05:48 PM
Pesty

(((Puppy)))))
Don't feel the need to apologize!! Hey, we are all in this together and we know what its like when this diagnosis comes in.

I was dealt with fairly quickly as my tumor was causing alot of pain once it made itself known. I saw my family doctor on a Monday the 11th of Sept. last year, was referred to a gyn on Tuesday, and had an Ultrasound and CT scan that same week. Then my surgery was scheduled for the 28th, so it was pretty fast.

Have you called his office Puppy, just to touch base with them? If not, I would do that if I were you. It doesn't hurt to keep at them. I am sure they have not forgotten about you, but if he is a proffessor he probably has a very hectic schedule and it may be that they have you down but just haven't gotten around to calling you yet.
One of my oncologists is an Assoc. Proffessor as well. A lot of them seem to teach as well as have a practice. They are busy people but its very hard when you are waiting on a call from them.
But I would give a call just to see what they say. Also if he is tellling you that its 98% curable, than I would say you can believe him. They don't say stuff like that unless they know it to be true. They told me my strain of ovarian was very curable as well with the chemo regime I had, and so far so good one year later!!
Sending big hugs!! Try not to worry...and again, don't feel you are being pesky.......we are here to help each other!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 10-25-2001, 06:37 PM
Pesty

Hi Again,
I had my surgery within 1 month of a suspicious biopsy and d & c.
I had the stage 1 endo cancer and the hyst took care of it all. Your Dr was right about it being 98% curable, thankfully mine was. I will pray for the best for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2001, 06:44 AM
Pesty

I had to wait about 2 mos after my biopsy to get in for my hyst. I think that a lot of it depends on the hospital and how booked up the OR is.
Unread 10-26-2001, 08:18 PM
Pesty

Associate professors have tenure--that means this guy is very very good. Chicago is in the top 10 hospitals in the country--higher than that for some departments. Since one of the best signs of a good recovery is the skill of your surgeon, you are in very good hands.

Cyd is absolutely correct about ORs being booked there.

What was supposed to happen? Were they supposed to call you with a date? I'd call his personal number and call his coordinator/physician's assistant. Did they give you a business card? Just keep calling the number on that card until you get an answer. Squeaky wheels get the grease--and it's good to bring someone along with you in the hospital who is a squeaky wheel for you.

That's where I had my surgery so if you want to e-mail me, please do. The red tape is bad but the doctors are terrific. If anyone rushes you right through, cutting through the red tape, then you can get really really scared. The fact that they're letting normal red tape run is a really good sign. Doesn't mean you need to put up with it, but it's a good sign that he means what he told you.

My story was more complicated in terms of how I was scheduled etc. so it's not much help.

My window looked out at the helicopter pad--you know, where they film the helicopter scenes for ER?

Unread 10-28-2001, 03:10 AM
Pesty

to ya puppy, cant help though different medical system over here . love to you always x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register