Scheduled TVH Worried about anterior repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about anterior repair Worried about anterior repair

Unread 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Worried about anterior repair

Hi, I am having a TVH on August 18th. I am also having anterior repair done which I am still a little confused about because I also saw the word cystocele on my hospital papers. My doctor told me he would "tighten things up down there" , so is that the same as anterior repair? And is anterior repair and cystocele the same thing? If anyone else has had this done, and can give me some information I would appreciate it. I am mainly worried about how much pain I will have down there or if I will have problems going to the bathroom afterwards. I am having a tvh because I have a prolapsed uterus after having had 4 large babies but my bladder does not need to be tacked up. Thanks!
LK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Re: Worried about anterior repair

I had a TVH, BSO, anterior posterior repair and TOT sling in January due to a cystocele -- same thing as a prolapsed bladder (3rd degree) and prolapsed uterus (3rd degree). It definitely tightened things up. Since I had the TOT sling, the anterior-posterior repair didn't really make a difference on being able to go to the bathroom afterward. Even with the sling, I didn't have any problems going once the catheter came out. I also don't think I had any more pain than I would have without everything I had done. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Unread 08-15-2010, 03:27 PM

I had a TVH with anterior and posterior repairs as well on June 8th. for prolapse uterus as I had 3 very large children. When the uterus falls, it pushes down with it the blatter and bowel. This can cause pain, frequent urination, and bowel issues, bleeding etc. The removal of the uterus(and cervix for me, kept overies) allows for the moving up of bladder and bowel tacking it back up where it belongs. I did not have the sling used in my procedure, Dr in my case didn't use this and found it unnecessary. I had no issues urinating after they took the catheter our either. Using Milk of Magnesia (cherry flavored!) was a godsend for the BM. Be patient, take frequent short walks and work up to feeling better...you will! :-)
Remember everyone heals differently, and your body will tell you what to do, trust in it! At almost 9 weeks post-op I feel Great! I have been back to work for 3 1/2 weeks and doing just fine. I really wish I had done it 5 years ago!
Having all of our sisters here on this site has helped me SO MUCH for pre & post Op information! You will do well, best of luck to you and keep us posted on your recovery! We're always here to help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm sure I will be fine but as the surgery draws closer, I can't help but feel nervous but I know that is normal. I have really found alot of useful information on this site and so glad I found it!
Unread 08-15-2010, 07:58 PM

I thought I was so ready for the surgery, but got nervous about a week before which surprised me. I was nervous about the sling procedure more than anything. Now it's a distant memory. Time definitely heals, so be sure to Pamper the Princess and don't overdo it when you get home. That's the most important thing.
Unread 08-16-2010, 08:43 AM

I think the waiting and anticipation with the anxiousness of it all was really one of the hardest things of all! Being informed really helped though on what to expect! Happy recovery and no worries! :-) It was the best thing I ever did for myself!
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:46 PM

Yes, it is the same as a cystocele. I had TVH, anterior and posterior repair and sling and it went amazingly well. It was like a miracle to me. The only problem I had was the morphine pump after surgery made me nauseous and once they took that away, the only thing I needed was Motrin because I had very little pain - way much less pain than I had after having my babies. Had the expected gas for which Gas-X worked like a charm. Don't hesitate to take that or something similar if you need it. My surgery was just 8 days ago and I feel great and have had no real problems (other than a bladder infection after the catheter was removed) for which antibiotics are working well to clear that up. Everything else was so much easier than I expected. Try to relax and I will say a prayer that your surgery will be as easy as mine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register