anyone have an epideral instead of being "put out"? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone have an epideral instead of being "put out"? anyone have an epideral instead of being "put out"?

Unread 08-18-2010, 09:29 AM
anyone have an epideral instead of being "put out"?

I have having a complet vaginal hysterectomy on the 13th of September. Having everything removed (my sister has breast cancer, so we thought we would take the precaution of removing the ovaries too). My cervix has fallen as well as my uterus and bladder. He is also doing an anterior repair, and I think he is using a sling for my bladder. I hate getting put under - so I am opting for a epiduaral or spinal anethesia. Anyone else doing it this way?
The doctor also said I will be coming home with a cath for two days. I'm a little nervous about that. I have read many stores that say some women have trouble urinating when the cath is taken out, and they have to have it as long as 4 weeks. The only other thing that is bothering me, is I don't have any urine leakage when I cough, sneeze, laugh, etc., but my gyn told me I may have leakage after the surgery! Sure don't want that. I am so glad I found this board -- you are a wonderful group of women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Re: anyone have an epideral instead of being "put out"?

Tomah -

So glad you found the site.

There have been several members over time that have had epidurals. You can use the search feature to look for other threads on that topic.

As you said some women do have a catheter when they come home and others don't. I had no issues once it was removed so it didn't have to go back in.

The leakage is a possible side effect, I haven't had that one but hopefully it won't happen to you either.

G.
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Re: anyone have an epideral instead of being "put out"?

I had a spinal and loved it I could eat that same day and they gave me something to make me relax and now I don't remember any of the surgery or post-op/recovery room. and as far as leaking I did some before surgery but afterwards there hasn't been any now that my uterus isn't resting on there HTH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register