Scheduled LSH So scare about my Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So scare about my Hysterectomy So scare about my Hysterectomy

Unread 08-18-2010, 02:24 PM
So scare about my Hysterectomy

Well I did it ! I made my appt to have my Hysterectomy on October ,2010. It took me 6 months to think about it and to see a few doctors. I will have my uterus and cervix removal only, my doctor said my ovaries are healthy and did not want to remove them and said I was too young to go into early menopause. I was happy to hear that.

I have many huge fibroids. Its funny i knew that this would happen one day since my mom, grandmother, and Aunt all had hysterectomy. I'm having the da Vinci surgery which I'm told its a lot better.

But what kind of belly band do I use for that kind of surgery since i will have like 5 small cuts?

I hope that i'm doing the right thing but i suffer with bad periods and cramping and now sex is no fun, i have to drink a couple of glasses of wine to feel no pain during sex.

Or I take a pain pill the day after sex because I hurt. I just want to enjoy my hubby without hurting.

I'm glad I found this place. And hope to get answer like what to take? what to wear when i get home etc....

And excuse my grammar, I'm not that great at writing.

Thank you,....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Re: So scare about my Hysterectomy

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I did not use any kind of belly band. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy, one "smily face" across my lower belly. Like you, I had very bad periods and big fibroids. Surgery was the right decision for me.

I did swell, but just lived with it. Other women highly recommend belly bands, but since I'm not in a position of suggest a specific type, I just wanted to say hi and bump this up to the top. Hopefully someone will give you the answer you seek.
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM

Thank you for the reply. I'm so scare and now I can't sleep and my surgery its not until Oct. I'm going to be a basket case by the time my surgery comes around. Did anyone take anything to calm their nerves before the surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2010, 01:52 PM

I was scared too and had a few sleepless nights right after I scheduled by surgery but then I got into my regular routine and could relax a bit more. I scheduled my surgery back in June and I go in for my TAH this coming Tues., Aug 24. My nerves starting getting the best of me about a week or so ago. My pre op was this past Monday and my doctor was great about giving me a low dose of xanax for anxiety. I still have quite a bit of anxiety during the day but can occupy myself for the most part with work. It's the nights that are killing me. I take a xanax about an hour before bed and I'm good to go. At least I will be somewhat rested before surgery on Tues. I would ask my doctor if I were you if your anxiety doesn't subside. As crazy as this sounds I just wish Tues. would get here and I could get the surgery over with. I really am not worried about recovery it's the anticipation of surgery. There is a strange calming acceptance that has started to come over me. I keep telling myself that it's my body and if I really don't want this I don't have to do it and it is in my control but the bottom line is that my body hurts all the time, sex is lousy because of heavy periods and huge fibroids etc. So my quality of life isn't so great right now and I know this surgery is in my best interest. Breathe, pray and know you have lots of support.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:54 PM

It is very common to be anxious before surgery. Some doctors will give xanax to help with the week before. I didn't use a belly band. I could not stand anything even touching my tummy but everyone is different. Just try to stay busy & it will be here before you know it. Best wishes to you!
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:05 PM

I am scared as well. I've had several anxiety attacks over the last few days. My surgery is scheduled for 9/22/10. I will be having the LAVH but my physician will be taking only my uterus and cervix. She stated I am too young to go into menopause.

I am trying to get prepared for my surgery as well. Trying to figure out what I need to pack. My physician stated it will be an overnight stay.
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:28 PM

i know how you feel mine is 08/25. i am so scared i have chewed my fingers to the bone. I just keep telling my self on the big day i will just go to sleep and wake up and it will be all over just worried about all the gas pains people are taking about. Good luck!!!
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:46 PM

good luck to you as well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register