Facebook Profile Pics- Ultrasound Pics | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Facebook Profile Pics- Ultrasound Pics Facebook Profile Pics- Ultrasound Pics

Unread 08-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Facebook Profile Pics- Ultrasound Pics

I have a hard time with finding out friends and family are expecting via a facebook profile picture change. I hate seeing those ultrasound pictures as profile pictures. People say I am over sensitive, but I am still healing from my loss of my baby and my fertility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Re: Facebook Profile Pics- Ultrasound Pics

I know just how you feel I hvae never had children and I had my TAH on june 30th .. I know a ton of pregnant women right now and 3 on facebook that constantly update facebook with pregnant status comments ..it drives me nuts .. Imean I am happy for them dont get me wrong and when its a valid update like a dr apt or finding out the sex of the baby I dont blame them for being excited and I dont mind that they post .. but what drives me nuts is when the relate everything to being pregnant and mention it 10 times a day .. this one girl in particular relates everything to her pregnancy she says stuff like " Im hungry because Im pregnant " isnt it weird how you need water when your pregnant " I wanna see the new twighlight movie ya know since Im pregnant " and lol omg isnt it funny how pregnant women breath oxygen ?" for real Im not exagerating its that bad ... It just seems like they are constatnly bragging ... so ya know to vent I either post them status updates about my hyst ! or sometimes I dot the SECRET INSULT .. like for ex: if they like chocolate id say .. "omg last night I made the most yummy devils food tripple chocolate layer cake with extra frosting , awe it made me think of you " it was soooo good i really wanted to bring you some but since I had that hysterectomy i didnt know if pregnant woment could eat chocolate ? ugh i ended up having to throw a bunch of it away cuz we couldnt eat it all .. ugh lame maybe ill make another when your not pregnant " ...

lol I know I shouldnt but its just my way of getting it off my chest to point out something that has nothing to do with pregnancy ya know ...

any way I know what you mean about the ultra sound pics .. when they do that you should post a close up pic of your hyst scar ! ..

Im sorry your are feeling sad .. I feel like I am on an emostional rollercoaster to ... I hope you feel better soon
Unread 08-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Hi jp4ga!

In my opinion you are not being over-sensitive so please don't let those judgmental sentiments get to you.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with at least temporarily stepping back from viewing pregnancy and childbirth-related writings, images and functions during times like these. I suggest avoiding visiting Facebook profile pages of pregnant friends; waiting until you feel the time is right to attend baby showers or even stroll through the infant section of department stores. Take control of these situations yourself when the opportunity to do so presents itself. Of course, there will always be instances when sonogram pictures are thrust upon you (welcome or not) but if you take steps yourself to exercise some management of these situations you should at least feel somewhat less victimized.

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2010, 05:03 PM

Thanks Ladies.

I went through a few days ago and "hid" all of the people I know who are expecting. I truly am happy for them, but I just can not deal emotionally right now.

ViolentJayne- I do the same thing and post things I know will make them drool.

I just really wish that people would feel a little more compassion toward those who have miscarried and have had to have an unwanted hysterectomy.
Unread 08-24-2010, 02:36 PM

Hi jp4ga! I can totally relate to what you're saying. A member of our church had her baby 6 days after my surgery. I too was very happy for them, but it hurt so much to read on FB how many people were going to visit her and bring her dinner, and offering to stay with her if she needed it. I did exactly the same thing as you and hid them all. I'm sure none of this is intentional on their part, they just have no idea what you're going through. {{{hugs}}}
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:21 PM

Yep - I'm with you on this one. We've had 5 people announce pregnancies in the time I'm going through this, including my sis-in-law. Rather than them being sensitive, I feel like I'm the one who has to hide what's happening, not mention it, and just carry on as normal whilst they prattle on about swollen ankles.....

I'm happy for them all - but I do wish the happiness from me was returned with just a little more support and understanding from them!!! Too much to ask?!
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM

You aren't being overly sensitive. Before any of my gynecologic issues started I felt this way! I really hate it when people use ultrasound pix as FB pix! Or put them in Christmas cards. Come on people, there is something waaaay more interesting than the inside of your uterus.

Good for you for hiding those people, no use putting yourself through pain everytime you turn the computer on.

Unread 08-26-2010, 02:29 PM

I don't think you're being overly sensitive either. I still (4+ years later) get those pangs of pain when hearing about someone having a baby. Especially with all the FB pics and updates. It does get easier with time, but it takes a A LOT of time! Its ok to hide those people from your feeds, and no, you don't have to let them know they've been hidden. While its their right to share their joy, its our right to take care of ourselves as we heal emotionally.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register