Pets | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-27-2001, 07:49 PM
Pets

I love animals have 3 dogs a boxer who is7 years finally settled down use to call her my problem child have a pekeense who belongs to hubby never thought a macho man would like a lap dog just got a pug puppy right now quite a hand full in the house breaking dept have 2 cats one that comes and goes so typical of a male lol and a house cat also have a horse that is appoloso so as you can see my house is never boreing seems like the animals took over when the kids left all you see now is toys everywhere that belongs to the pets Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2001, 06:15 AM
Pets

When I only had ONE siberian husky, many moons ago, she would actually pick up her own toys and put them back in the toy bin herself! It was the funniest thing and very helpful too!
Unread 10-31-2001, 09:47 AM
Yikes

That is alot of pets. We have one dog a Lhasapso she is very cute. I am not the real pet lover in the family it is my hubby oldest daughter who adore her. She is sweet ,but all I see is someone who brings in the dirt okay not very nice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2001, 11:45 AM
Pets

Nice or not, they DO bring in a lot of dirt!! I keep my shih-tzu clipped and that helps a lot, but my huskies are my dirt bogs!
Unread 10-31-2001, 03:19 PM
Over run with animals and children!

I LOVE animals , most of ours are supposed to belong to our children, but guess who ends up doing the feeding and cleaning!When I go out side to walk the dog it is usual for me to be followed down the garden by 2 cats, a couple of rabbits and 3 chickens thinking they are missing out on something. Then I`m spotted by the guinea pigs who all call out to me with squeals of delight. I talk to all of them much to my neighbours` amusement, but who cares!- me and my furry friends are HAPPY!,(or perhaps I`m just alittle bit mad!), Gina
Unread 11-11-2001, 07:26 PM
Wink - Pets Pets

Oh boy a chance to talk about my little guy...I love it..We...meaning my two dd's and my dh and myslef have a boston terrier he is 3 years old and very very spoiled..He has NEVER spent the night outside...he is not outside more than 10 min or so..lol..his name is BoDo(boeDoe) or AKA bozo..lol..Bodo has his own bed...shhh it's a pink baby doll bed..he doesn't know the color..it is actually too small for him but he thinks it is his and only his..My youngest dd is being good about that, it did belong to her babydoll. he has to sleep on his back and covered up just as the kids are..I am serious..I have so many pics of him in photo albums, so he is just as important to us as our dd's are..Oh and when it is christmas he goes nuts about opening his gifts..If you pick up a camera and he is near..he is gona be right in your face, he is a bit of a ham.OMG I can go on and on about him..he does have one problem though that we are trying to work on..he has the worst gas ever it can be embarrasing sometimes when we have company over..he cant help it poor baby..Ok I better stop while I can..I am gona figure out how to put his pic up for all to see..
Luv Ya....
Kathy
Unread 11-13-2001, 06:12 PM
Sweet Baby Wayne

I LOVE Boston Terriers!!
They are wonderful!! What expression!1
We have a beautiful English Pointer named Wayne.
(He is named after a retired missionary in our
church!!) He is a sweet boy and we think of him as a
child!! He wags his entire body when he sees us
and is absoluely breathtaking on point.
It is so much fun to read about other people's
pets and how much joy they bring!!!
Unread 12-12-2001, 01:27 PM
Pets

I am definetely an animal lover!! I wasn't able to have children so my dog is my baby.
I have a 5 year old golden retreiver and I absolutely adore her.
She has so much personality!!
I worked for 3 years at her animal hospital, part time and she used to come to work with me. Everyone loved her!
I trained her when she was a puppy because she was a real handful but, let me tell you, it was worth every minute I put into it.
She's done pet therapy at a local hospital and I think she was born to do that. We used to visit the geriatric/psychiatric floor and there were quite a few people with Alzheimers there. When we would visit, some of them would'come back' for the few minutes they were petting and enjoying my 'Sammie" It was amazing to watch.
I really think pets add so much to our lives and I feel sorry for people who don't get to experience it.
She sleeps in bed with us and we bring her everywhere with us and we just love sharing our life with her. I can't imagine my life without a pet in it!
Unread 12-17-2001, 11:03 AM
Wink - Pets My turn

I have to talk about my dog. I have 4 year old golden retriever. I got her from golden rescue and her name was Smokey (bad name but I didn't change it). She is so sweet and fun. She loves toys and gets a new one every week, her toybox runth over. As with all goldens, she must have something in her mouth when she is excited or greeting you. Her favorite is undies stolen from the laundry basket or socks just removed.

Before her I had an English Springer Spaniel, Casey. He was with me for almost 15 years. Casey was the funniest and most active dog ever. He hated to be laughed at and would jump all over you when you did which made me laugh even more. He would sigh and pout when he was not getting his way. Casey would sit on my lap everynight, even though he was 65 lbs. Ugh I worked in a nursing home for a while and I took him in a couple of times. He was too rowdy to let out of my office but two alz. residents would come to see him and would ask all the time when my dog was coming back. They didn't know me or anyone else but they remembered him.

I agree that my dogs have brought so much joy to my life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register