How bad is surgical menopause and has anyone as young as me ever been on HRT? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How bad is surgical menopause and has anyone as young as me ever been on HRT? How bad is surgical menopause and has anyone as young as me ever been on HRT?

Unread 10-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Re: How bad is surgical menopause and has anyone as young as me ever been on HRT?

Oh, yes...hormones are very powerful.
I so related to so much of what is written...that dread and angst feeling is beyond describing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Re: How bad is surgical menopause and has anyone as young as me ever been on HRT?

I had a total hyst on my 26th birthday (what a present! HA) I am 34 now. I won't lie and say it has been easy at all, some years it seems it has been much easier then others. I adjust my HRT a lot (Estradiol has worked the best for me; low side effects). As many have said, finding a good doctor is hard but important. If you don't feel your Dr is listening to you, find a new one! One thing is I wish I had found this site before my hyst because I really went into it blindly in regards to what to expect. I figured, maybe a few hot flashes...BOY WAS I UNPREPARED! So I think if you mentally prepare your self ahead of time then that will really help - now if I'm feeling not my self, I can tell myself that it's not me going crazy that it's just this new body acting up and it will pass. And I try and remember the days when I could not get out of bed from pain and that this is better then that. I also have to just not dwell on who I 'used' to be, because chances are you won't feel like you did 5 years ago, but just try and learn to accept the new you, take the good with the bad and have LOTS of patients!
Good luck!! *hugs*
Unread 10-25-2010, 02:09 AM

o great, i am very scared now, as they will be taking my ovarys out. Gee great this will be me.... So sad this has happened to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky View Post
o great, i am very scared now, as they will be taking my ovarys out. Gee great this will be me.... So sad this has happened to me
It's never nice to have to have surgery but at least surgical menopause is manageable in time. It's frustrating no doubt, and annoying but with the help of a good doctor and some experimentation with the meds, the symptoms will eventually subside.

Hang in there,

Adnyl68

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register