Scheduled TLH Just realized today.... I'n only 2 weeks away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just realized today.... I'n only 2 weeks away Just realized today.... I'n only 2 weeks away

Unread 09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Just realized today.... I'n only 2 weeks away

I don't have any clue where the time is going. Seems like I just had 8 weeks left, now I'm down to only 3... I'm quite annoyed with myself, I planned on losing a few pounds before surgery, but I'm still sitting her being lazy, so that's not happening. I'm also annoyed that I haven't been having much pain! Really?? I get my date and that seems to end my pain. I had it for a couple days the past week. I'm really second guessing myself. But I know if I canceled, I would have it instantly, then I would have to wait weeks again. I think I'm gonna be a mess right before.

Woops, just noticed I put "2 weeks" in the title...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Re: Just realized today.... I'n only 2 weeks away

I had been thinking the same thing up until yesterday! I had a string of 3 days where I felt pretty good and I was like "hmmmm?" (my surgery is in 2 weeks). But then BAM, it made its presence known again yesterday and today! It convinced me to stay vigilant with my decision because this pain is real, even if it does go away for a few days here and there!
Unread 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM

Mine is in 2 weeks as well and when I started a countdown it was 77 days....I have no idea where the time went either!
I had to miss a week of work last week due to uncontrolled bleeding (I'm on blood thinners) so I can't wait to get rid of all this!!
I had good intentions as well, with weight loss and such and I don't know what happened there either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2010, 04:26 PM

The countdown has begun! I think my body is messing with me also. I haven't had a cycle since May once I booked my surgery it decided to come back (only thing is it never left) spotting & reg flow periodically since 8/11. The pain has been mild as well. I was starting to wonder if I am making the right decision then I had to think really hard- I will longer have to worry about painful irregular cycles. I think after the surgery I will be more energetic.

Good luck... I am scheduled for 9/22/10 (LAVH...hoping it is an out-patient, I rather rest in the comfort of my home). My pre-op with my physician is tomorrow then I will have one with the hospital which that hasn't been scheduled yet.

So Anxious!!!!
Unread 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM

I'm scheduled 3 weeks from today as well! Had been feeling pretty good and like many of us was wondering if I should really be going through this. Then this morning, I awoke to my period which is 10 days early and all of the pain that goes with it. I can't wait to have this behind me and truly hope I feel better when it's all said and done!

Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
Celticbear
Unread 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Im also three weeks out! Hoping iam doing the right thing and just like everyone my pain comes and goes. My period came two weeks early and it was horrible. Trying to loose weight but not happenng yet. So scared!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register