Scheduled LAVH Will anyone else be dealing with unwanted facial hair in hospital | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will anyone else be dealing with unwanted facial hair in hospital Will anyone else be dealing with unwanted facial hair in hospital

Unread 09-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Will anyone else be dealing with unwanted facial hair in hospital

Ewww, I know but due to PCOS, it's there. I'm pretty good at keeping on top of things at home but what if I'm on the hospital for an extended period -DAYS - argh!!!! Sometimes I think that worries me more than the recovery itself !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Re: Will anyone else be dealing with unwanted facial hair in hospital

Can you just do your usual routine portably? There shouldn't be restrictions post op except related to being sleepy from pain meds. You can try to wax just pre op if you're used to that. It depends on your usual routine but I think whatever you would do for travel would work.
Unread 09-04-2010, 08:17 PM

I would wax the day before. If you're worried about an extended stay due to complications, you could bring some wax strips with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2010, 09:19 PM

I get the unwanted facial hair on my chin. I hate it.. Even if it is a little I feel like someone is constantly staring at me..
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:51 PM

I've had the same thoughts. I have chin hair that I have to stay on top of. I recently began laser hair removal treatments. I have the treatment once a month and have gone twice. I haven't noticed an improvement yet, but they told me it would take a few times before I would.

I've often wondered what would happen if I was in an accident or otherwise incapacitated for several days and couldn't take care of it. I imagine waking up with people looking at my hairy chin!

I'm only supposed to be in the hospital for one overnight so it should be okay. Just to be on the safe side, I'll pack a razor in my bag.

Unread 09-05-2010, 03:17 AM

oh my! another worry!!! LOL! seriously...I'll have to make sure to pack my tweezers......
Unread 09-05-2010, 07:10 AM

Thanks you guys! It never ceases to amaze me that I'm not the only one with these issues after all.

I did ask my Dr. about waxing beforehand and I was told not to for a week prior due to added risk of infection. And, I really don't want to start shaving.

I guess the laser treatments are the way to go after all this is done and overwith. Just need to get through it - with my dignity still intact!
Unread 09-05-2010, 07:19 AM

lol it's funny but this is one of my fears as well, at home I can deal with it I have to shave x2 times a day to keep it under control, tried waxing but my skin is just too sensitive it breaks and bleeds, if anything this worries me more than the actual operation the thought of anyone seeing me like that is quiet scary to me. I will be shaving just before surgery and as soon as I can afterwards. i had thought about the lazer treatment but can't aford it at the moment and the meds from docs have done noting to help it at all. all i get told is its a side effect from the problems I have.
Unread 09-05-2010, 07:39 AM

That reminds me two charge up my epilady and make sure all the hair is gone before surgery. In a pinch if it just one or two hairs I always have a tweezer with me.
Unread 09-05-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteQueen View Post
Thanks you guys! It never ceases to amaze me that I'm not the only one with these issues after all.

I did ask my Dr. about waxing beforehand and I was told not to for a week prior due to added risk of infection. And, I really don't want to start shaving.

I guess the laser treatments are the way to go after all this is done and overwith. Just need to get through it - with my dignity still intact!
I'm hoping that the laser treatments will take care of it once and for all. The downside is that you can't tweeze or wax while undergoing the process, and you only have a treatment once a month. They want you to shave it as close as you can before coming in for each treatment.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register