Need Some Opinions / Advise Early In The Game | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need Some Opinions / Advise Early In The Game Need Some Opinions / Advise Early In The Game

Unread 09-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Need Some Opinions / Advise Early In The Game

I'm new here and just need some education prior to my doctor's appt this coming Wednesday. If you have a hyster and they remove the uterus but leave the ovaries, then you won't need HRT, right?

I'm still learning a lot of these acronyms so ya'll bear with me please! LOL

Now I'm a little different because I've had 2 pituitary surgeries and am panhypopituitary, so basically have no pituitary function. Even if they leave the ovaries I still might need HRT. Hope not though.

I am very sure that I have a significant uterine prolapse (matter of fact I can see it - cervix). I'm constipated and have lots of pressure in my lower abdomen / pelvis area. Feels like I have a tennis ball shoved in my hoo hoo. Sorry to be so graphic, but that is what it feels like.

I'm one of these people that likes to know the answers before the question is ever asked.

Due to my pituitary issues the question of hyster was brought up last year and the gyno said there was enough to do it then but we waited. With this now, I'm going to push for it. None of those pressaries!! NO!! I want it out!! I basically don't have periods anymore and he said that is not good. It can lead to cancer. <shrug> What do I know.

So, I'm trying to figure out what will be on the other side of hyster (yes, I can't spell it - LOL).

Thanks for any and all information.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Re: Need Some Opinions / Advise Early In The Game

Hi Amy!

You're wise to ask questions prior to surgery. Gather as much information as you can so that you can make the best possible decisions for your circumstances.

Hopefully after your hysterectomy your ovaries will function the same as before but there are no guarantees. Some women find that their ovaries are "sleepy" after surgery and so they opt to use hormone therapy until the ovaries start functioning to capacity. If you want to think ahead about estrogen options in case you do need it, check out articles 8 - 11 in this resource: Hormone Jungle Articles

To help you decipher the acronyms and abbreviations used on the message boards, here's a helpful link: Abbreviations.

Best wishes to you!

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:42 PM

Thank you so much!! This site is AWESOME and just from reading and reading more I have learned a lot already! These links will help me even more.

(((Hugs)))
Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:36 PM

(((Amy))), you're very welcome!

I agree this site is awesome.

Keep on reading and exploring the many resources on this site.

Unread 12-09-2010, 12:28 PM

kaliemae- how are you doing??? I can't believe I ran across someone so similair to me... I too have had two pituitary surgeries and am panhypopit... I have not had periods in over 15 years... I too have (had) prolapsed uterus and am still awaiting another surgery to fix my prolapsed bladder and rectum. My first symptoms were after I had been on my feet for any amount of time I felt like everything was just going to drop out of me.. like I was gonna shoot out a tennis ball LOL
I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on 11/24/2010 and just started taking estrogen pills.

I'ml thankful for this site too! It has been a godsend for support and information.

Best wishes!
Unread 12-12-2010, 05:44 PM

Hey Karen! So nice to meet you too! I find myself not replying to newbies too much because I am so different. <blush> Weird even. I know you understand how I feel. LOL

I had my surgery on 11/2/10 and am doing really, really well!! Easiest surgery I've had so far to tell you the truth and this is the 9th surgery for me in the last 4 years!! WhooHoo! Better to laugh than cry.

The gyno did a TVH, A&P repairs and monarc bladder sling.

Hope you are doing well, from this surgery and from you endo woes. Those can certainly send you for a loop. Where were you treated for your endo issues if you don't mind my asking?

Hugs
Amy
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:13 PM

hi Kalimae - I'm glad to you are doing well. I'm doing better week by week, except for this darn stomach bug that got me. So, did you have to start taking an HRT? My ovaries were romoved, so I did. Hasn't fully kicked in yet, but I'm hopeful it will help some of the emotional rollercoaster I am on!

My endo is <Oops! Doctor's name removed per website guidelines. Please share this information privately through email or Private Message.> at St. Louis University. I really like him. He does a good job managing my crazy system. I am panpit, adrenal insufficient, diabetic and growth hormone insufficient. An endo's nightmare!

Did you have pit surgery? I had two, one craniotomy and one transphenoidal. I am now waiting to have the reconstruction for bladder and rectal prolapse, but have to get past this one first LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register