Scheduled TVH Beginning to panic!...why? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Beginning to panic!...why? Beginning to panic!...why?

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Beginning to panic!...why?

Hi from Queensland Australia! This is my first post here. Im due to have a TVH on Oct. 1 and even though its a few weeks away yet, I am really beginning to panic. Its so unlike me! Usually I am pretty strong emotionally but not this time. I dont know what I am worrying about as I am looking forward to a much better life afterwards. I have my pre-op appt. on Sept. 24 so I can ask questions then that may help calm my nerves. Im not sure if my cervix will be removed either but the TVH option seems to be the one I am having. I am also having bladder and bowel repair work done which I cant wait for as I have been suffering in this area for so long I dont remember what 'normal' is anymore! Im sure a lot of you here are/have been in the same boat?

I guess I just hate this nervous feeling that is beginning to engulf me! And I have just found out we have to move house this month so that is an additional stress I really dont need just yet! So glad to have found this site although I must say, it seems HUGE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Re: Beginning to panic!...why?

I totally understand where your are coming from with being nervous and all. I have found this site is very helpful. Read and ask questions. The ladies here are so supportive and I tell you this site is so worth spreading the news. My doctor is very glad this site is here and said that with me reading this site it had helped me calm my nerves and has been prepping me for surgery. Also help me find questions that I could ask my doctor when I had no clue what was even going to happen. I am sorry you have the stress of having to move. I have so much stress as well and when they say try to avoid stress I think we end up finding more.
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM

It is so natural to have panicky feelings prior to surgery. I was ready to have mine but it didn't stop the worrying and fretting about everything, My surgery went well and I was very glad to be on the other side and not have any of my fears turn out to be justified. One thing I wished I had done was to get all my questions together before I had my appointments. My doc was great about me asking questions later on. This is very normal and I bet most of us here have had the anxiousness before and probably having to move isn't really helping. Try to take it a day at a time, write down all questions and then ask them to get answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 09:43 PM

LeeQld,

I am three weeks away. Scheduled for a TAH and BSO and Sept 28 with my pre-op on the 21.

I am hanging on by a string. This site has been so....helpful even if all I do is vent. Everyone here really understands what you are feeling. We are all going through, or have been through it.

Check out the pre-op questions to ask, so you can have your questions prepared when you go. I will keep you in my thoughts. You are not alone (far away, but not alone)
Unread 09-07-2010, 07:41 AM

My TVH is Sept. 13th. I'm nervous as well, however this site has helped me so much with questions that I have had. I think it is important to hear from someone who has actually went through what I'm about ready to go through. I keep thinking about the 12 to 15 days of pure misery every month for the last few years, vs. a few weeks of discomfort. I think I'm ready!! Good luck to all of you waiting as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register