dizzy when I stand up- this is a new one. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dizzy when I stand up- this is a new one. dizzy when I stand up- this is a new one.

Unread 09-10-2010, 06:03 PM
dizzy when I stand up- this is a new one.

I am 2 weeks post op today from TAH. So far (other than cabin fever) I have not had any problems. Until now - starting yesterday every time I stand up I get dizzy and light headed. Doesn't seem to matter how slow or fast I take it. I am eatting a well balanced diet and drinking lots of water and power aid with a few dr peppers sprinkled in. I also started taking my vitamins again at the start of this week.

The only other time in my life I would get dizzy is when I was on my period and playing sports. But we all know that is not the case now. I was told years ago I am boarder line hypoglycemic but have not had any problems in years and all my pre-op blood work came back fine. As far as I know my post-op workup was fine as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you, Whitney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Re: dizzy when I stand up- this is a new one.

I had a tvh on the 26th of Aug, they gave me a patch to put on my neck in the hospital for nausea so I took it off after the 72 hour deadline. About 12 hours after I took it off I felt horrible, total lightheaded dizzy and very weak. I went to the er cause my head would be on fire and they said it was my pain meds and anestia (sp) after effects. I felt better a couple days later I hope this helps hun! Hugs and speedy recovery sister!!
Unread 09-10-2010, 10:09 PM

I have the same problem! I'm eating right, not over doing it, following doctor's orders, I'm really healthy too with no bleeding.

I am 4 weeks post op but don't see the doctor for another 2 weeks. It's on my list of questions for her.

Sometimes I have to sit right back down because I think I might fall. Other times I forget to wait and start to walk and have to grab on to something because I get all shaky.

Hopefully one of us finds out soon, lol!

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2010, 10:18 PM

If you have been lying down for a time your body is in a relaxed state and your blood pressure drops because your body dose not need to work so hard. Whan you get up you may feel a little light headed because you blood pressure changes. Orthostatic blood pressure is the name of it. As long as the light headedness goes away after a few mins. you should be ok. I notice this happens to me a lot when i've been in bed for an hour or so. I slowly get into a sitting position wait afew mins. and let the dizzy feeling settle then I get up and go. I would talk to my doctor about it if it bothers you too much. Take care.
Unread 09-10-2010, 10:25 PM

Thanks to you all.
It happens even if I have been sitting for just a short time or for hours and it just started yesterday. So I don't know. Guess if it don't go away I will be calling the dr monday.
Unread 09-11-2010, 07:51 AM

Mine happened countiously, regardless what I would do. That's what scared me the most. But like I said a couple days after I was fine, that little patch worked wonders! If I would have know how I would of felt after I took it off I would still be wearing it lol!
Unread 09-11-2010, 08:50 AM

Interesting - I've been having dizziness and losing my balance for the last week. I'm 5 weeks out now. Weird.
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:06 AM

Wow, me [email protected] just a touch of lightheadedness. Curious?
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:57 AM

I have been doing this since I came home on Thursday...........
Unread 09-11-2010, 12:30 PM

So maybe it is just our bodies ajusting??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register