Anyone have ideas to get the Vivelle Dot to stay on for the whole 3.5 days??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have ideas to get the Vivelle Dot to stay on for the whole 3.5 days??? Anyone have ideas to get the Vivelle Dot to stay on for the whole 3.5 days???

Unread 09-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Anyone have ideas to get the Vivelle Dot to stay on for the whole 3.5 days???

I was scared to death when I realized that after my shower at 1.5 days that it had came off and I couldn't find it. I was scared to death to go without any hormones. Thankfully, found it and have put it back on but I dont want it to ever happen again. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Re: Anyone have ideas to get the Vivelle Dot to stay on for the whole 3.5 days???

Hi Staci!

I'm sorry you had that happen. I'm surprised you were able to get it to stick again you lost it--that's lucky!

There are tricks you can try to keep your patch on. When it's first applied, you need to be sure that the area you are going to put it is clean, dry and free of any powers or lotions. Apply the patch, press it firmly all over and then cover it with the palm of your hand, pressing again and holding your palm there for several seconds to be sure it's fully adhered.

Some members clean the area first with rubbing alcohol, allowing the area to dry completely and then they apply the patch. Be sure you're putting it in an area that won't be rubbed by clothing and where it won't be creased or affected by movement. If you're still having problems keeping it on, you may have luck using a clear, bandaide-type patch over it. One example of that is Nexcare's Tegaderm patch.

Here's a link to additional information: How Can I Keep My Estrogen Patch On Until It's Time To Change It?.

I hope this helps!

Unread 09-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Re: Anyone have ideas to get the Vivelle Dot to stay on for the whole 3.5 days???

I leave the patch on for an entire week and sometimes the edges are coming undone by the end of the week. Usually it's fine but if I've been in a hot tub it will start coming off sooner. The pool's colder water doesn't seem to bother it much at all.
I put the patch on my lower back but sometimes it's hard to find the best spot. I have accidentally put it right where I 'grab' to pull up my underwear so that my nails graz the edge of the patch. That seems to be the worst spot then but you don't know that until you it's already there.
The advice above about making sure the area is clean is the most important. Also make sure you grip the patch by the outside and that your fingers are clean of any lotion. As the package insert states, put your hand over it for ten seconds and then use the blow dryer if you like. Make sure it's not on an area that is rubbed by a waistband of your pants or underwear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2010, 10:16 PM

Personally I also noticed that it stays better when it is on a flatter part of my body, i.e. on the butt cheeks or closer to the back but NOT on the hips or the side where it seems to be buffeted by clothing. Keeping the hand on for a few seconds is a great tip that I learned here.

Good luck!

Unread 09-14-2010, 08:59 AM

Thank Yall!! I appreciate the info. So far so good!
Unread 09-14-2010, 11:26 AM

That's great to hear, Staci!

Unread 05-01-2013, 03:16 PM

I thought you were only supposed to put the Vivelle dot on your lower abdomen? Mine's been staying on great for 2 years and now suddenly I have had 3 in a row that don't want to stay on more than 1 or 2 days! I'm going to try the rubbing alcohol on my skin first. Maybe that will help.

If I knew I could put it on my buttock or back that would be great but I've only put it on my lower abdomen.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register