Scheduled TAH I am scared..Grown and scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am scared..Grown and scared I am scared..Grown and scared

Unread 09-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I am scared..Grown and scared

I found out yesterday that I need a Hysterectomy and I thought this is where it was going but now that it has been said and scheduled for as soon as possible " I am scared" is that crazy? I am a grown woman and 47yrs. old and it is so scarey. I have several cyst and a mass so it needs to be done. I am just going nuts. Any advice?? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Re: I am scared..Grown and scared

I understand the "scared" I put off having my surgery for 2 years and finally had it done on Monday Sept. 13, 2010. I am thankful that I finally have that painful chapter behind me. If you trust your doctor and know that they will take care of you then sleep well. It will all work out for you. The best advice that I can give is make sure you have loved ones around that will ask questions for you. If you have questions that you know you will want answers to after your surgery have them written down and make sure that your family asks for you and that they write down the answers because there is a good chance that you will not remember.
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:58 PM

Debretz -

You are not nuts, you are perfectly normal.

If necessary get some xanax to help you relax. Check the events on the right side of the screen if you can make a pre-op chat do so. Some women find them helpful.

g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM

I was scared too. I am a Christian and had complete faith in God that He would carry me through and I was still scared. I felt like a spring that had been wound a bit too tight the 2 weeks before my surgery, and when I went in the morning of, my blood pressure was through the roof. You sound normal to me! I am 43.

12 weeks post op today
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:50 PM

It's normal to be scared. I was about your age when fibroids were first mentioned. Hysterectomy was suggested about 4 years ago, and I was resistant, especially after reading some bad experiences on the Net...wish I'd found this site first. I ignored my symptoms and things only got worse. I am 53 now, and I think things would have been easier a few years ago, but I let my fear rule and ignored the fibroids, hoping they'd shrink with menopause. They haven't. Now I'm ready and waiting for the surgery date. There's lots of good information on here, and most women seem to report that they feel so much better after the hysterectomy. They've been wonderful, and have shared their experiences and allayed my fears to the point that I'm looking forward to having it over and done with. I'm ready to have my life back.

Knowledge is power, so read all you can about the procedure your doctor recommends, and maybe even check out the youtube videos if you think you'd like to watch one. The ladies here are all great, and if you need to vent, this is the place. Best wishes, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register