Tummy support, post op 8 days da Vinci | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy support, post op 8 days da Vinci Tummy support, post op 8 days da Vinci

Unread 09-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Tummy support, post op 8 days da Vinci

Hey sisters!
I am 8 days post op DaVinci & have not officially used any tummy support. The more I am up & around, the more I feel I need it....I am also wondering about ice on my tummy.
I was thinking I might be past the point of needing some kind of support...but I am second guessing myself...
How long do fellow daVinci sisters use tummy support? What is your favorite? Does ice still help after a week's time?

Thank you so much sisters! Many blessings to you all!
rav4jc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Re: Tummy support, post op 8 days da Vinci

Hi Rav4jc,
I am a little over 3wks post op DVH. To be honest I did not use tummy support never really felt the need for it. There were times when my tummy and especially the belly button incision was a bit more sore and a feel of pressure than other times. At the times when I got that sensation I attributed it to my being up and movnig about too much so I just got back on the couch for a little while.
I know for me my belly button incision gets a feeling of pressure if I need to rest a bit and so it feels hard and sore.
Hope this helps.
(((HUGS)))
Unread 09-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Thank you S!
I don't have a belly button incision I guess due to other surgeries using the belly button. I DO remember the tenderness of that incision & it really is a good indicator of doing too much!
I am still trying to learn my signs to rest without overdoing it--LOL!
Thanks again--bunches of blessings to you!
Wendy :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 05:03 PM

I am nine weeks out. I bought the belly band from this website for extra support. Around week 4-5 it was needed. I still swell up quite a bit at night. My doc said that could last up to 6 months. I use a heating pad. I sleep with it and it really helps. My doc said the heat pulls the blood to the area of surgery which actually speeds up the healing.
Working well for me....maybe you can try that.
Unread 09-16-2010, 05:52 PM

Gettin--Love your name!!
Thanks for the input--answers my question about possibly needing it later on. I work with young children & I am just picturing the hugs & hands all over this swelly belly--makes me want added support even more!
Can you tell me which band you got? Is that the name of it??
Thank you & blessings!!
Wendy :-)
Unread 09-16-2010, 06:44 PM

I only used my "supportive" underwear and they were enough for me but if I had still had my old support band from a previous surgery I would have used it. I found that being up and around didn't bother me so much but if I was sitting up in bed forward slouching that was bad for the whole area.
Unread 09-16-2010, 07:25 PM

I bought the "Abdominal Binder Supporter". It was $18.95 and worth every penny. I had it in about 3 days after ordering. I still use it when I am swollen-the support is wonderful, and like you mentioned it's great for protection. I use it if I am in a busy store too, big crowds scare me that someone is going to bump into my swelly belly. To get it go to the upper right hand STORE link. It is under SURGICAL AIDES. Good luck. the surgery was the best thing I could have done for myself, and the binder just made it that much easier!
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:54 PM

G-Thanks so much! You answered my questions exactly!
2- good to know!

Thanks ladies! This is a great site --love connecting with sisters who "Know" where I am!
Thank you thank you thank you!!
((hugs)) & blessings!!
Unread 09-17-2010, 11:15 AM

I used a regular old ace wrap around my abdomen from week 3 when I started doing more physically. And also your abdomen will swell with activity i noticed but was told this was normal. I personally used an icepack on it as it was more soothing for me than heat. Also still now when I sleep (I am a side sleeper) I snug a pillow in my abdomen just to give it support and not just let it for lack of better words ..hang there. hope this helps...xoxo
Unread 09-17-2010, 11:32 AM

I used a basic abdominal binder for about a week then stopped. I don't know why, just felt like I could do without it. It's still around if that changes. Haven't felt the need for hot or cold on the incisions so far.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register