Surgery in two weeks, heart palpitations... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in two weeks, heart palpitations... Surgery in two weeks, heart palpitations...

Unread 09-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Surgery in two weeks, heart palpitations...

My surgery is two weeks from today! I am honestly very excited and ready to be done with all of this! Last month I ended up in the ER and found out that I have a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung) from the birth control I was taking. Since then, I have been having crazy heart palpitations. I've been to the dr and she had me wear a Holtor Monitor for 24 hours. It showed that I had a normal heart rhtymn but had a lot of "extra beats", also called PVC's and a pulse over 100 most of the time I had the monitor on. My dr was not converned due to the recent blood clot. I am still having pain in between my shoulders and she told me that was also from the clot and my lungs are healing. The cardiologist agrees with my dr, but since the symptoms aren't getting better and are keeping me awake at night, even on pain meds!, he did give me a beta blocker and I am going to see him on Tuesday morning.

I'm now nervous that something is going to push my surgery back! The blood clot didn't, it actually moved it up because I couldn't take the pill any longer. I am already on meds for anxiety, no longer smoke and barely have a drink a month. So, most of the causes of this have been taken care of.

I need this surgery so that I can get my life back! As I'm sure you all understand. Just venting!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Re: Surgery in two weeks, heart palpitations...

vent away, that is what we are here for. Hope everything will be easier from now on,
you'll be in my thoughts
annelies
Unread 09-18-2010, 08:04 AM

Oh my--sorry to hear all of this. I would be nervous to and I don't know if an anxiety pill would help really me. I would want to vent as well. Hugs to you and sending positive thoughts and good feelings your way with hope that all goes well--quickly!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2010, 06:05 PM

I had heart palpitations as well, not from a blood clot from from a mild mitral prolapse and my own nerves. And like you, I was pretty nervous about it. My dr was unconcerned, but I made sure that both he and the anethesiologist were aware of it before they put me under, and both assured me that it would not be a problem.

If you haven't had your pre-op discussion, mention it again during that time. Anything that concerns you is not trivial, so if you are the least bit concerned, keep telling them and ask for reassurances.
Unread 09-18-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherannw View Post
My surgery is two weeks from today! I am honestly very excited and ready to be done with all of this! Last month I ended up in the ER and found out that I have a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung) from the birth control I was taking. Since then, I have been having crazy heart palpitations. I've been to the dr and she had me wear a Holtor Monitor for 24 hours. It showed that I had a normal heart rhtymn but had a lot of "extra beats", also called PVC's and a pulse over 100 most of the time I had the monitor on. My dr was not converned due to the recent blood clot. I am still having pain in between my shoulders and she told me that was also from the clot and my lungs are healing. The cardiologist agrees with my dr, but since the symptoms aren't getting better and are keeping me awake at night, even on pain meds!, he did give me a beta blocker and I am going to see him on Tuesday morning.

I'm now nervous that something is going to push my surgery back! The blood clot didn't, it actually moved it up because I couldn't take the pill any longer. I am already on meds for anxiety, no longer smoke and barely have a drink a month. So, most of the causes of this have been taken care of.

I need this surgery so that I can get my life back! As I'm sure you all understand. Just venting!!!!!!

Get your thyroid checked.

I have endo, and am awaiting surgery. It was originally scheduled for Oct 8th and has been pushed to Dec, due to thyroid problems I am having. I am hyper/Graves' Disease. My endocrinologist said absolutely no surgeries till we get it under control. (unless it is for the thyroid itself) I originally went to see my doctor for shakiness, heart palpitations, raised heart rate, (120 at rest) weakness, insomnia, hair loss and unexplained weight loss. Well after many test I was sent to endocrinology due to my thyroid, and neurology for possible MS. I was doing a lot of research, and have found that endometriosis is thought to be an autoimmune disease, and so is thyroid and MS. (along with many other things) Also if you have endometriosis you are more likely to have another autoimmune disease, the same is true for the opposite. I am not trying to scare you, I wish you luck. Those were a lot of the same symptoms I was having. It wouldn't hurt to ask about it. It is a simple blood test to begin with. If that is normal then nothing further is needed.
Unread 09-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Thanks Ladies for the kind words and reassurances. My thyroid was checked and is normal! I'm just afraid after all this waiting I will be put off!! I couldn't take that happening, not after the hell I have been through. I only work half days because of all of this! But, I keep telling my self that the end is in sight! I am trying positive thinking and doing everything the dr has told me to do. Guess I will find out more on Tuesday!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register