kids husbands and pets. YIKES | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

kids husbands and pets. YIKES kids husbands and pets. YIKES

Unread 10-30-2001, 04:22 PM
kids husbands and pets. YIKES

Kathy started this new thread so I thought I would start as no one else has . Pretty cool really.

I am married with 2 daughters 6 and 8. I also work full time. My girls are great but boy can life be busy. Sometimes the days just seem to fly by in a blur. Swimming, riding, music, school, life. And I wonder why I am tired

I hope to hear some great stories about parent hood.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2001, 07:07 PM
Cool - kids husbands and pets. YIKES kids husbands and pets. YIKES

Well I have 2 boys that are 12 and 11 yrs but only the 12yr old is with me at this time. But my schedule at work is 1:30p - 10p and I never get to see my son. He just started the 6th grade and has Asperger Syndrome. What I know about this so far is that it is a milder version of Autism. He doesn't take to change real well as various other things. This makes school really rough especially now that he has 6 different teachers instead of just 1. My work is not willing to change my schedule, so I am having to get up early in the morning to job hunt and then go to work till 10p. Feels like my day is never over...then it starts again. Of course that doesn't include all the things of the house... CALGON take me away!!!! I sure have been B****y lately and kinda depressed. Getting very frustrated that I can't find a day job and that my son needs me here as he is close to failing 3 classes.

Sorry I know this is depressing but that is how I feel these days...completely hopeless.
Unread 10-31-2001, 04:55 AM
wow

Wow Ann you are busy. That is a horrible shift you have to work. My hubby is a shift worker and sometimes he works 3 to 11 so he does not see the kids either. I work either 7:30 to 3:30 or 8 to 4;00 Monday through Fri so I am there for them. I wish I never had to return to work it is so nice and calm with me being home.

I am sorry about your son. I do not know much about his condition. How long have you known about it? He probably misses you a lot.

Good luck with the job hunt. That would be great if you could find a day job.

Take care

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2001, 06:54 AM

I have a dd that is 15 who is very social and involved at school with friends and activities. She is a gifted student and ranked #1 in her whole sophomore class this year.
I also have a ds that is 13 who is sooooo funny!! He will come off with things when you least expect it and leave you in tears from laughing so hard! He is really good at school too but he works hard for his grades.
So, as you can imagine, life with TWO teenagers is quite wild at times!
Unread 10-31-2001, 08:38 AM
Yikes

I bet life with two teenagers is very busy.

Thank God I am not there yet my hair would be greyer than it is

I am heading off to the school for 1pm to watch my girls parade around the neighbourhood in their halloween costumes.It is waaaaaay to cute!

Unread 10-31-2001, 10:42 AM

Awwwwww, I remember those days!! The kids are all so proud and innocent! Well, except for that one kid who normally gets the dirty looks from the teacher for making a nuisance out of himself! Yup, it's normally a boy!
Unread 10-31-2001, 07:00 PM
Smile - kids husbands and pets. YIKES kids husbands and pets. YIKES

Well I have known about this for 2 yrs. The time that he was diagnosed with it was when he was living with his father in Indiana. I just got him back this yr around 4 and half months ago and there is still alot of things that I need to learn myself. I am trying to get all his records for me and for his school.
Thanks for wishing me good luck on finding a new job...I really need all the luck that I can come up with.

Cyd...I will get to experience the teenager things soon and not looking forward to it at all!!! I know sometimes things can be great and other times it is pulling hair time. Your kids sound fun though.

Take care everyone
Unread 11-01-2001, 06:50 AM

Ann that must be so tough for you. You sound like a great mom and your son is really lucky.

We had fun at halloween last night. Though we had no power so we trick and treated in the dark. Yikes a little dangerous but it was fun.

Have a great day
Unread 11-01-2001, 10:08 AM
Smile - kids husbands and pets. YIKES kids husbands and pets. YIKES

Thanks Cath...I do try. God sometimes tests me.
My son dressed up like Harry Potter last night and my boyfriend took him to my work to start with and then to some really nice neighborhoods. He got a good size bucket of junk... Other than it being windy, it was rather nice.

Have a great day too!!
Unread 11-01-2001, 06:53 PM

I have 1 DH, 1 DD aged 18 and 1 DS aged 16. Thank goodness for hair dye!!! but I love them dearly.
My daughter is working and has just announced she would like to move into town to share a house with 2 of her girlfriends. I'm not sure how I should react. I don't want her to go but I musn't sound negative as it may make her more determined to go. Our door will always be open for her to come home if things don't work out. It is just that she is my little girl. I know our children are only on loan to us but I feel quite emotional about it.

On the other hand I think my son will stay at home until he has a women to take care of him!!

They are good kids really, they have their moments but that is normal isn't it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register