An Adventure , I thought I would share.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

An Adventure , I thought I would share.. An Adventure , I thought I would share..

Unread 09-22-2010, 05:41 AM
An Adventure , I thought I would share..

Ok..So I thought I would share my wonderful adventure in the shower last night! I decided after I almost cut myself with my leg hair that it was time to shave the fur pants off..I don't need my winter coat yet..anyway..I am standing in the shower with shaving cream and razor in hand , Now I am a person that needs to sit and shave , I don't have very good balance...Anyway..I still have an issue with bending in certain positions and wouldnt you know that the shaving position is one of them! So I prop my leg up on the shower seat thing and lean against the towel bar , I them start my adventure in clearing the brush when all of the sudden I get a cramp in my leg , Lose my balance , and think the towel bar is going to help me stabilize myself...WRONG! I leaned against it a little to much and my arm slipped between the wall and the towel bar...Yup..Butt Naked , Stuck in a towel bar , half shaven , Conditioner in hair and not real sure how I am going to get out of there..I bang the wall thinking one of my kids or Hubby would come run to my rescue , WRONG AGAIN! So Me being me decides I am getting out of there even if I have to rip the bar out of the wall..Suddenly a light bulb goes off! Shampoo is slippery..( lol ) so , I dump it all over my arm and try to pry it out...No luck! In my frustration , I scream like a 5 year old and the hubby hears me finally and comes running..Flings the door open and sees me standing , with a soapy arm hanging in a towel bar , soapy hair , one leg with shaving cream on it and honkerblonked off with mascara running down my face as I hadnt gotten to washing my face yet..LOL!!!! What does he do? Laughs until he almost cries..He ended up having to take the towel bar off of the wall to get my arm out , Don't ask me how I got it slipped in there but couldnt get it out..Moral of this story is this..I NEED A BATH!! I am sick of showers...When one has a hysterectomy , Not all chores are so easy..LOL!!! Gotta find the humor in everything I guess..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2010, 05:55 AM
Re: An Adventure , I thought I would share..

LOL!!! My dh would have laughed first also Let me give you a little tip I've been sitting in a chair and shaving at my bathroom sink. I use conditioner instead of shaving cream. Just rinse the razor in the sink and wipe your legs down with a wet rag when your done.
Unread 09-22-2010, 06:55 AM

I am glad you're okay. With that being sad, this is tooooooo funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2010, 06:59 AM

OMG wonderwoman,,,you are just that!!! Thank goodness you didnt really hurt yourself. I too am in the same boat of "winter coat" and I have been wondering how I am to take care of this. Now, thanks to Aces, I think I will try it her way,,,no offense wonderwoman,,,but I have to learn from your experience and wont try that in the shower anytime soon.

ps. I CANT WAIT FOR A BATH!!!!! (not that i'm inpatient or anything)

thanks for the story!
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:06 AM

LOL!!!!! I am just going to Nair my legs while sitting on the side of the tub...I will wait to shave until I can sit in a nice warm bath!!!..I can't wait!!
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:53 AM

that was a crazy story. LOL. What I did was I have a plastic fairly small chair, I actually set it in the shower and sat on it while I showered worked like a charm, I could shave without bending also...

L.
LAVH, Lymph nodes taken (20)/kept Ovaries
Stage 1A2 Adenocarcinoma of the Cervix
Path clear!
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:59 AM

Oh my, Wonderwoman. That could have turned out so wrong!!! And I'm not laughing at you though, I'm laughing with you.....nope, I'm laughing at you!!!!

Just teasing. I'm glad you're okay. That is a crazy situation, though!!! Thanks for giving me a laugh this morning.

I am so lucky that I have absolutely NO hair on my legs, so I have not had to worry about shaving. One less thing to worry about.
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM

LOL!!! Girl don't brag , I had Fur Pants on!!! My hubby had been shaving my legs with an electric razor up until last night , Guess I might want to let him do that for a while huh?..Don't feel bad , I laughed AT my goofy self for hours!..So did my husband..:-)
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:35 AM

Thank you for the mental picture - and the good laugh!!! I am wondering how long it is going to take before we can bend low enough to reach the lower calf? I may have to try the pull the chair up to the sink trick!
Unread 09-22-2010, 11:58 AM

LOL that is a good one!!! I have to admit to letting the hair grow just far enough that i can scratch my feet with it!!.. But once DH started letting his facial hair grow like that I made a deal with him.. I shave = he shaves.. a deal is a deal!!.. I finally got both legs FULLY shaven last night in the bathtub!! However.. all night I felt like I was leaking water!!

but my legs are smooth!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register