Scheduled LSH Surgery tomorrow, still don't have surgery time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow, still don't have surgery time Surgery tomorrow, still don't have surgery time

Unread 09-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Surgery tomorrow, still don't have surgery time

I was told I would get a call today with the surgery time, did anybody else not get their surgery time until the day before?

I'm strangely calm right now (sort of antsy but calm at the same time), I feel like all of this is just hovering over my head and as soon as I get the time, it's gonna drop... then it will all sink in.

On a side note, I'm almost dreading my time off... I have 2 spoiled little dogs. One of them gets mad at me if I'm too long on the couch, in bed, on the computer, watching tv, etc. She barks non-stop until I get up and follow her to wherever she's trying to get me to go or chase her around the house. What am I gonna do with this little girl?? I know dogs sense things, but it's after a week or 2 that she's going to start driving me insane!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Re: Surgery tomorrow, still don't have surgery time

I had a good laugh reading about your dogs as I am scheduled for my LSH on Monday and have made arrangements for my good friend to pick him up Sunday night for a few days. My hubby will be caring for me, but our yellow lab can be such a stinker if he doesn't get all the attention or will constantly bark if I am not in the same room as him. He is one spoiled pooch, but we wouldn't have it any other way. All I can say is get extra toys and chew toys - maybe that will do the trick???

I am suppose to call the hospital on Friday after 2 p.m. for my arrival time for surgery. I commend you on being calm!!! Yesterday was the "day" for me that I began to feel calm and relaxed about my decision and actually am looking forward to this so I can go on with my life pain free!

Best of luck to you and I wish you a safe recovery -
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:58 AM

I agree - maybe a couple of new chew toys that she doesn't get very often? You'll be surprised though by what the dogs can sense. My dog has always been close by, but real quiet and calm when I've had surgery.

I know the time of my surgery - 9am and I have to be there by 7am. I wouldn't be able to handle "not knowing" very well, as I'm a huge planner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2010, 10:59 AM

I have read several posts that said the sister was going to hear from their Dr. the day before surgery what time it was scheduled for. Mine was scheduled a month or more ahead of time. I liked knowing way in advance what time I was going to have to be there.
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:16 PM

They gave me my surgery time the day I did my pre-op consult with the surgeon. I'd be really irritated if they made me wait until the day before surgery to know the time. I'm scheduled for surgery at noon; check in at 10:00 AM.

This has all happened pretty fast for me. Met the OB-GYN on the 10th of September. Told her what I wanted. She agreed with me. Found out later that day that I had gotten approval from my insurance company. Had my pre-op consult with the OB-GYN on the 14th. Had my pre-op with the anesthesia folks on the 16th. Surgery on the 27th.

Seems fast, but with ongoing symptoms, I've wanted to get this done for years. I suppose I can handle waiting three more days.
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:49 PM

6 days post op here from LSH - no problems just on here because I am bored. I'd like to comment on the timing though. For me, at Pre-Op my surgeon tells me the time, he says be here at 8:30 a.m., surgery scheduled for 10:20. Great. Then he sends me down to have all the testing and I find out that this time is "tentative" the nurse says to me that I shouldn't go by the surgeon. She takes my history/blood, makes me breathe and cough, and sends me off with preop instructions and tells me to call this number after 3:30 in the afternoon the day before my surgery to confirm the time to come in. Just made me uneasy. It turns out that when I called that number the time the surgeon gave me remained the same, so I chalked it up to a plus.

Sisters, I went LSH. Scarring was just one of my worries. I could kick myself now just less than a week later for worrying so much about that. He made 3 incisions. And if I had a flat tummy I could wear a bikini 6 days post op with no scars showing!!!! I bet in 1 year they will look like mere scratch marks - if that. Amazing. Cross scarring off your list of worries if laproscopic. Its amazing how they can pull out a uterus and have such little scarring.

Hang in there, it isn't as bad as the worrying.
Unread 09-23-2010, 01:02 PM

I had to wait until 4pm the day before to call and find out what time to go in. But, I was super lucky, check in time was 5:30am so I got to be the first surgery of the day. No waiting, just strait into pre-op.

Good luck with your surgery and happy healing!
Unread 09-23-2010, 03:45 PM

I got my call, she said be there at 9:15, surgery will be at 11:30.... ooooooooook. NOW I'm nervous! (I did go to the Victoria's Secret and bought my new panty wardrobe)
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:04 PM

Mine is scheduled at 730am on 11/15 unless a csection bumps me.
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:15 PM

mrsd, good luck! I hear ya about your dogs. We have a 4 month old Lab puppy named "Hoss" and a 12 year old. I have no idea how it is going to be with me and him here alllll day together. I am kinda worried when my husband goes back to work that I may need to move a lil faster to catch him doing something bad. Not gonna happen right? I sure hope he is as intuitive as some of these other dogs. hahaha. I guess we will see. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register