dr wont give me a refill :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dr wont give me a refill :( dr wont give me a refill :(

Unread 09-23-2010, 09:22 PM
dr wont give me a refill :(

I don't knw what to do. I'm in pain internally and my lower incision is killing. I am 5 weeks out. This came out of no where.

My dr won't call me in any pain meds since I should be off them by now what do I do? Has this happened to anyone before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Re: dr wont give me a refill :(

I went thru the same thing. Once I was off the meds even over the counter I started to heal much better. I used ice packs and heat packs and that seemed to do the trick. Hope you are feeling better soon. 8 weeks for me next week and the past week I just started to feel like I can do more of what I've been use to still hurt inside and around incision.
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:33 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling pain again.
Try motrim and rest, hope that help you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2010, 09:41 PM

I saw in another post that your incision is red and smell bad. Has the doctor seen this? If not, please make an appointment for him to see it because it could be an infection beginning. It could be that antibiotics might help you more than pain meds right now.
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:58 PM

If you are in that much pain you should probably be seen by your doctor. Maybe something is going on that they could treat. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 09-24-2010, 04:23 AM

Poor you, I think the sister's advice is good - rest is often key.

If you still have no joy with your doctor could you see someone different who may be more sympathetic?

For what it's worth I am 7 weeks post op and taking pain meds every day - mainly just over the counter stuff - but I have some stronger ones I take every couple of days too.
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:05 AM

This is my fear. Also someone mentioned that you have an irritated scar? I hope it is not infected (another fear, although my scars are rather small going laproscopically) - please see a dr. if it may be infected or call the doctor to relay that information.

I've lived in pain for so long I can't imagine a life without my pain pills. I'm on my last 6 narcotic pain meds 7 days post op. There is an improvement with pain but I seem to still need them at night especially. I know my doctor is so against narcotic pain pills and I will not be getting any more from him, I know this for certain. So, I hope I don't feel any pain after this recovery is over, and hope there is no need for those pills. And I hope a simple Motrin can relieve whatever discomfort I have. My fear is that they won't believe me if I am in pain after this procedure. I'm trying to stay positive and trust that this procedure solved my medical problem. If not, I will go to the hospital kicking and screaming until they find why I am still hurting. I'm not there though, as you are. I can't wait for the day that I no longer have to beg a doctor for pain relief and feel like a drug seeking addict. This is not to say that I think that of you, it is just that is the way I feel when I have had to ask any dr. for pain prescriptions - during my painful condition and even after surgery - they treated me like dirt because of it.

Hang in there and try to talk to them and tell them you want this problem solved so you never have to deal with them again. Sorry if I sound bitter, I'm just trying to let you know that I feel for you.
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:17 AM

Brca1postive ... interesting what you said. I was actually wondering the same thing. Do the stronger pain meds delay a sort of healing? I kind of think it has something to do with it in a sense. There is a time we absolutely need them (for me especially at night) but there are times I reach for them when I am in moderate to light pain and I sometimes think I should work through it without the heavy pain meds. I've been trying to do it like that and feel better actually once I work through the pain and maybe take a Motrin. I can't wait until I don't need them at all period.
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:31 AM

At times I do think that the pain meds delay healing if for nothing else then the simple fact that if you feel "too good" then you will do too much! As long as your doctor has checked you out throughly and there is nothing dangerous going on then try to "tough it out" a bit and just use ibuprofen as needed....I was off of strong pain meds 3 days after my abdominal TAH BSO..Did I feel like running a marathon? Nope....Could I deal with the pain? Yes ....have done the same thing after 2 sinus surgeries...the pain won't kill you and may actually remind you that maybe you need to be resting to heal properly

Good Luck to you and hope you heal quickly!!
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:44 AM

Renny ... your words will be ringing in my ears as a source of strength when the time comes to tough it out - hopefully I won't have any pain to tough out, so the Dr. tells me. I'm just 1 week out today. If the pain does come in weeks to come I will remember your advice. I'll just go raise some endorphins by doing some cardio. I'm one of those princesses who hasn't seen what the benefits of the surgery can do yet. Looking forward to no pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register