TAH next Friday, am obese, 190 pounds! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH next Friday, am obese, 190 pounds! TAH next Friday, am obese, 190 pounds!

Unread 09-25-2010, 12:21 PM
TAH next Friday, am obese, 190 pounds!

So, after nearly two years of suffering from adenomenoysis (I can't even spell it), next Friday is going to be the big day! Im scared but the doc thinks she can get the procedure done in an hour and doesn't care at all that I am overweight, no cruel remarks. Has anyone out there been overweight and undergone this procedure? What am I to expect? Thanks for any feedback. The procedure will be done in Switzeland and medical care is generally good here.

Anyway, I warmly welcome any feedback!
thanks,
Alicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Re: TAH next Friday, am obese, 190 pounds!

There are many, many "fluffy" sisters who have undergone surgery and have posted about their experiences here on the site. There can be some additional concerns that need to be addressed for surgery and some aspects of recovery can be unique. But many have done well.

I wish you well for your upcoming surgery and hope it is successful for you!

Unread 09-25-2010, 12:33 PM

where can I find such posts? I would really like to hear from"fluffy" sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2010, 12:39 PM

You can do a search for words such as fluffy, obese, overweight, weight concerns etc. and some of those threads should pop up. Additionally, ladies will hopefully see your title and drop by with some support!

Unread 09-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Oh honey, I WISH I had been 190 at my surgery. I was 250 at my pre op appointment. I had TAH last week, 14th. My doc never even brought up MY weight, so I dont see where yours would even be an issue. I think I healed a lot faster than I thought I would. They only had tape on my incision, no staples or stitches. You will do just fine!
Unread 09-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Thanks so much for your feedback!
Unread 09-25-2010, 02:54 PM

I am around your size, I had a DaVinci total hyst. No problem. I also had the same condition you had. The surgery took 30 minutes to set-up the robotics, and 1.5 hrs for the actual surgery. Best wishes!! So glad I got it done!! No regrets!!
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:03 PM

I weigh around 210 lbs, on a 5'4" frame. I am scheduled 10/1/2010, and my doctor has not mentioned my weight as being a problem as of yet. I have never read any articles that have indicated that being overweight slows down a person's recovery time, although I have often wondered about this myself.
In the almost 3 months since my surgery was scheduled, I have increased my activity level in pereparation for this. I was already attending water exercise classes 2-3 times per week. I have tried to increase this when time allows. I have also been walking 2-3 miles each night. I have also been trying to eat healthier, with lots of fruits and vegetables. My belief is that I will recover at a faster rate if I have been taking care of myself prior to surgery. I have heard of doctors giving the okay for patients to use an elliptical trainer in as soon as 2 weeks post surgery, and I am going to see if I can do this. I don't want to lose what progress I have made. I have also been increasing probiotics, as constipation can be a factor following surgery.
I wish you luck with your surgery. Try not to worry about your weight, as it probably won't be a problem at all!
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:09 PM

My GYN didn't mention my weight as being a concern. There were no problems from it or being Diabetic. She only mentioned weight after I mentioned that I had been losing weight and was about 5-10 lbs from being considered just overweight rather than obese. She laughed and said she might be able to help with that by removing the large fibroids.
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:36 PM
TAH next Friday, am obese, 190 pounds!

Hello,
Could I ask you what were your symptoms for anmenoysis, still can't spell the word! I'm also getting watery discharge! Did you have that? Biopsy and hysterscopy were negative though for endometrial cancer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register