Day 5 after davinci lapro hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 5 after davinci lapro hysterectomy Day 5 after davinci lapro hysterectomy

Unread 10-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Day 5 after davinci lapro hysterectomy

Surgery went well went home the same day mobility limited thank goodness for my pillow I walked around with it and slept with on my stomach... Made me feel more secure I kept thinking my inside would just fall out! So today is day five and my walking is a bit faster and more upright! My only only problem is bm.... Each evening I get horrible stomach pain and discomfort followed by loose stools.... At least I can go to the restroom i guess... but aim tired of the stomach pains. Also my bra, when I do wear it, is too tight (not the cup size of course) could it be possible that my rib caged expanded during surgery or what? Thanks for the info everyone it helped me to understand that I'm not the only one with gas and intestinal pains. Happy recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Re: Day 5 after davinci lapro hysterectomy

Hi Lisa, glad to hear you are doing well. I have not gained any weight since surgery and still can't get into my normal clothes. And when I come home, I get into my pyjamas because it is more comfortable. You are right, even my bra is uncomfortable, which does not seem to make any sense.
Good luck with your recovery!
annelies
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:06 AM

Well I am going to ask the dr. Today and we shall see what is going on! How many days has it been for you since surgery? Thanks for your reply!
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2010, 09:48 AM

I don't know about my bra being tighter as I haven't put it on yet! But I have definitely noticed soreness in my ribs. Mine was 9/28 and am to return to the dr today also. I too am having severe pain when bowels begin moving the contents.....not during a bm but during peristalysis. It will take your breath away! I plan to ask dr about this also today. When will you be released to go back to work?
Unread 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM

I don't have a dr apt till the tenth but I called her she will get back to me today..... I have three wks off even though she said I can return after two I still want the extra week to make sure I recover properly. What about you when do you go back to work? Bowels have been my worst problem every night since day one I get pains and a lot of painful gas then finally a movement. The first two nights were the worst so I just walk it out hoping that would help! Tell me what your dr says! The stomach problems seem to be common since our systems are just "waking" up after being sedated! It seem to be such a production to have to have a movement two hrs before the discomfort starts with intervals of pain! I've never thought so much about these little things in life that usually just happen but now seem so complicated. Was yours a robotic surgery?
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:04 PM

I went back to the dr today and he was pleased with my progress. I had to be placed on strong antibiotics a few days post op due to 101 fever. He said the bowel pain is common with some patients due to the irritation during surgery. No other explanation and he didn't seem concerned about it. I will continue taking pain meds as scheduled.

My surgery was robotic.....i have 2 incisions on my right side......one on left and one in belly button. Something I noticed this morning when showering, is my "fat roll" is lop sided! The left side protrudes more than the right. He said that is only swelling and should level out.

I have a desk job and no more sick time so I talked him into letting me work from home this week and try to return next week even though he wanted me off for at least 2 weeks. Believe me, if I had the time, I would take more off! He stressed to me to listen to my body and obey it. I could take up to 6 weeks off. I had fibroids, ovarian cyst, ovarian mass and he had difficulty removing all and almost had to do TAH.

Are you taking stool softeners and GasX? I have been doing both and also choking down a couple of prunes a day. But if you are like me, it's not the actual action......it's the process before hand. Although I do think it had lessened a little in intensity the past few days. Perhaps we have made it thru the worst part!
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:20 PM

Yes gas x helps but I am not constipated it's the opposite and yes it's the pains before that make me jump and tear up! I work for Clinique so my job is on my feet all the time so I need to take it easy. Wow mine was a tough case but yours takes the cake.... So sorry.... I had fibroids in my uterus only but very very large ones and my cervix had to be removed but my ovaries are still okay so far! Yes I think the worst is done. My incisions are similar to yours with protruding lumps..... She has me on motrin 600 mg every six hrs from day one to the seventh day to help the inflamation down. Good luck it sure helps to have a personnal testimony! What city do you live in? I am in San Antonio, Texas!
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:28 PM

Hey Lisa. Take it easy. You are only at 5 days. I am one day to my 5 week mark. The doc told me the reason for the stomach pain and loose stools was because I was so cleaned out that your body is working again to produce poop (4 a better word). I hated pooping the first few days..it hurt so much. It does get better. Relax and don't do too much from a gal who learned that the hard way!!
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:41 PM

I am at day 7. I am still having problems with the bm... same issues with everyone else. I was kinda worried until I seen this post. I also am bloated and can't really wear anything. I don't like the pain, I don't know what to do though besides cry. I have never felt anything like it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register