Endometrial Cancer: 3 year anniversary today! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 year anniversary today! 3 year anniversary today!

Unread 10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
3 year anniversary today!

Can not believe it is 3 years since my surgery!
I just had my checkup..I am fortunate to be doing well

Been a tough year tho, as my 91 yr old father has had several strokes and now in care home.
Mom is 89 and now living alone, after 68 yrs of marriage. So its been stressful.

Any of you going thru the same suitation, please write.

Love to all my hystersisters and I miss you!
Having this site during recovery saved my sanity!! thanks so much

Christine ( sunbelle)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Re: 3 year anniversary today!

HAPPY 3 YEAR HYSTERVERSARY!
Unread 10-04-2010, 10:07 AM

Glad you are doing well.
When my mother in law had to go to a nursing home it was very hard for my father in law. They had barely spent time apart in their 60+ years of marriage. He had moved with her to another town as she needed more and more assistance and there were no assisted living facilities in the town they had lived in for 30+ years. They spent over 10 years in two different assisted living residences that offered a higher level of care for her and allowed them to remain together. Before then anytime she was in the hospital or in the nursing home for a short stay he would not eat and spent all the time he could in her room with her. One of my saddesy memories of time with him is leaving the hospital late each night. This very strong man would be in tears because he couldnt be with his wife.
When my father was in assisted living home my mother handled it much better she understood he needed more care than she could give. After he improved enough to come home it seemed more stressful to her even with the visis from the home health nurse. A lot of the stres for her was due to his not complying with some of the things he should have been doing to help himself help control his disease. Besides family, my mother has a strong support system of other women in a similar situation, or who have been through it recently. That has really helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2010, 01:10 PM

I know what you mean about this site being an absolute gift after surgery/treatment!

Happy 3rd!!! And may you live a long, happy and healthy life!

I'm sorry about your dad. Mine is going to be 90, and often when the phone rings at odd times... well, you know. It's so hard. I'm sorry you're dealing with this now.
Unread 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Make sure to take time and do something special for yourself!
Unread 10-04-2010, 04:35 PM

SunBelle -

Happy and : for your 3 year anniversary.

My mom will be 91 this Weds and I can see how things are changing especially in the last year.

The year of my surgery was rough because I had my cancer dx and at the same time we found out my 92 year old FIL had a brain tumor. From that November until he died on my birthday in April of 2009 it was some rough months. Especially for my DH who was his Dad's 'go to' person. In the last 10 years we have lost 3 of our 4 parents with my mom the last one holding on (MIL in her early 80's in 2000, my dad in 2001 in his 80's, my FIL 92 he was 1 month shy of 93 in 2009).

It is stressful. My mom lost my brother as a young child of 5 and she always said losing my Dad has been the toughest because he was her companion for close to 61 years through everything and now she's alone.

Sending you, your mom and your dad massive as you go through all of this.

G.
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Congrats Christine. Thinking of you.....seems we had same stage....
Janet
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:31 PM

Sunbelle:
Congrats on the 3 yr. mark. I know that it is probably hard to celebrate with all of the other things going on, but please try to do something nice for you... I am sure your mom will be needing you more and you need to take care of yourself so you can help others.
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:21 PM

Thank you so much all of you wonderful ladies!!
Wish we could all bond together in person!!

they are putting dad on hospice,, which is good. What a relief to have help!!
He is ready to go.. ..will be a blessing
Mom is hard to deal with. I so try to pamper her,,but she resists...
I wish my 4 brothers lived closer!

Love
Christine
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:41 PM

Happy anniversary. Thanks for posting - every time I see someone who had stage 3 endo ca celebrating an anniversary, it gives me hope.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register