back from Mayo Clinic, here's what they found | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back from Mayo Clinic, here's what they found back from Mayo Clinic, here's what they found

Unread 11-01-2001, 04:21 PM
back from Mayo Clinic, here's what they found

Just wanted to post and let everyone who's been supporting me know what the clinic said. I saw 3 doctors today, and I go back next week for a gynecology surgical consult.

They all agree that it's my right ovary, along with an entrapped nerve, and a small hernia. It looks as if I'm facing another surgery, but I'm much more educated this time around, and I'm ready to get this pain over with once and for all!!

Also, they told me to quit taking my Remerol to help me sleep, because it is a psychotropic drug, and so is Effexor - they are reacting badly with each other and causing central nervous system problems...Thank God they caught this before it was too late!

Hope everyone is doing well and taking good care of themselves! Thanks to all of you who have been here for me, and I hope that I can return the favor!

Stacey (TAH w/Burch and appendectomy) kept ovaries (for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2001, 04:33 PM

Hi Hon....
Sorry you are facing another surgery but what a relief it must be to find out what is wrong!
Lots of prayers and hugs are coming your way!!!!
Please be aware that there is a class of drugs called quinolones. In this family of drugs, Cipro and Floxin are two of them. I mention this because a lot of times drs give these drugs after surgeries for bladder infections etc. These are also psychotropic drugs.
I found out the hard way when I took them for kidney infection and started hallucinating! Rotten things! And they can cause severe tendon damage too. There are nation wide law suits going on over these drugs. Please be careful. The nervous system damage can be drastic if taken by a person sensitive to these kinds of occurances. Unfortunatly, they don't know your sensitive until you take them!
God Bless...Will be praying for you!
Love Peanut
Unread 11-01-2001, 05:03 PM
Mixed feelings

Stacey,

I am sorry that you will have to go through another surgery. There must be some relief in knowing what is going on and have good Dr.s taking care of you. Do you know yet whether the surgery could be laparoscopic instead of abdominal? If they could, then at least the recovery is not as bad.

Hang in there!!!
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2001, 05:16 PM

Stacey,
Best of luck to you in your upcoming surgery....at least you will know this should take care of it all....once and for all. Prayers and best wishes to you....

TAH/BSO adenomyosis/anemic
Unread 11-01-2001, 05:18 PM

Hey there Cat, and Peanut..thanks so much for your support!

Cat, they want to do it laparoscopic, but it's much more expensive than the good old fashioned way - abdominally! Since I don't have insurance, and have to pay for this out of pocket, I'll have to opt for a new zipper across my already ugly tummy !

At this point, after having to pay well over $10,000 for my hyst, I will have to deal with being bedridden a while longer just for the savings..apparently those laparoscopic instruments are really high dollar!

I'll keep ya'll posted!

Stacey

PS..Peanut, thanks for the info about the other drugs - some of these are really bad news, and I guess when I had to call 911 last week, it wasn't only hypovolemic shock - it had something to do with those meds! Trembling, dizziness, couldn't move my arms or legs without a lot of concentration..it was very scary!

Thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register