so moody!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
so moody!!

i had my surgery on 9/28/10 - i am on an emotional rollercoaster - now mind you i had a uterine removal only so i had been under the impression this would be a moot point with me - not so much - i get really emotional and tear up 2-3 times a day - and now i am like are you kidding me? oh and on top off this i have anxiety in spades as well again i say are you kidding me! Can anyone help me out with ways to relax and get back to "normal" ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Re: so moody!!

I completely understand. I had my surgery sept 8th. I kept my ovaries so i wasnt expecting the emotional stuff either. I cry so much and for no reason, and thats so unlike me. My dr said id get back to normal, but this is too much. Health wise i already feel better and i have no regrets about having the surgery. I just talked to my drs nurse about this and shes going to talk to my dr snd call me back. Im hoping for a way to fix this. After i get an answer ill post what i was told. Maybe we'll both find some help.
Unread 10-11-2010, 01:44 PM

The surgery can put the ovaries to sleep for a few weeks, then wake up with things being back to normal. Hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM

thanks glad to see i am not alone in this!!
Unread 10-11-2010, 02:02 PM

Thank goodness!! i was beginning to think i had went off the deep end!! first one to get an answer will post!!

Thanks so much
Unread 10-11-2010, 02:32 PM

I had a complete hysterectomy on 10/1-it all came out. I had already gone through menopause and did not expect the emotional rollercoaster I am on. I cry for any reason and I think these are called hot flashes I am experiencing . This is my first post and I don't know - but it is alittle comforting, knowing others are feeling the same things.
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:35 PM

if worst comes to worst we can console each other and take stock in kleenex!! I hope you are much better. my actual older sister (19yrs older) stated that this is normal and i am to let it all go and get it out. she is a riot, she basically told me to say to [email protected] with it!! and once you do it will be cathardic. i know it sucks right now, but we will get through.

God Bless!! Hang in there.
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:08 AM

How long does this moodiness last anyway? Does one have to be on some type of medication? At the moment I am not, nor did the doctor and I even discuss it. It was a surprise to me to feel this way. I am hanging in there as there are the good days and the bad days.. I think this one is a good one
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:49 AM

Hi - I also had my surgery on the 28th, and my moods are all over the place. The ovaries sort of go into downtime, as far as I understand it - the decreased blood supply causes them to sleep for a while. Along with all that there are the emotions from the surgery too, and I'm just trying to ride it out. I see my doc for a follow-up next week though, and if I'm still crying at songs on the radio I will be having words with him!! Take care - we're all here if you need us!
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM

Sometimes a good cry can be good for you. I teared up quite easily in the first couple of weeks. In fact on the 12 day of post op I cried for nearly 3 hours just could not stop. Some of that time I was laughing as well as crying so it was interesting. I was in the hospital fighting an infection so I am not sure how much was hormones and how much was stress. But after that big cry I felt much better. The charge nurse on duty that day came in and sat with me for like 45 minutes to make sure I was okay. She told me sometimes we just have to let it all out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register