Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

I was only a Jr slacker this weekend.

Saturday I rode along with DH as he ran errands and did our shopping and then DD took us out for dinner in a neighboring town. I was done with the car rides by the time we got home last night. I agree with the sister who posted on the 'How long until you drive' thread, it's the constant vibrations that get to you in the car. My insides were done with the jiggling by the end of the day. And we kept to the "smooth" roads, driving an extra couple miles out of the way to do so. Anyway, I digress...

Today we were off to our friends house about 30 miles from here for a BBQ and football party. I'm not a huge football fan, but I'm always up for a party.

So, Slackin...kinda, but not truly. Tomorrow is another day and I've already told my family and friends that I'll become one with the couch and/or my bed. And I am SO looking forward to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2010, 08:58 PM

This slacking thing is new to me, so I have to watch myself so I don't get into bad habits. Today, I went to church, then lunch with friends, then came home & slept 2 1/2 hours before going to Mom's. I finished a prayer shawl, except for getting it off the knitting machine.
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Whatcha' slackin on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat212 View Post
lets see, i made my bed, his side too.. made my sons bed.. made coffee.. sat down.. ya, sat down in my comfy chair.. talked to my email buddies.. colored my hair.. took a shower, dried my hair.. sat in my chair... made my son a p b and J.. ate leftover fajitas and a thin mint girl scout cookie, maded tea.. and sat in my chair.. day 13.. big nasty abdominal hysterectomy.. im sitting.. and taking my percosets.. never doing this again ..making sure i heal correctly..
You sound just like me....try something...sit...try something....sit. It is little steps, but they amount to a whole lot of accomplishments during the day. But I had to laugh. Like you I said that I wanted to heal right the first time, and I didn't want to do this again... My six yo said, "mom, everything is out right? Just how would they do it again?". She said it quite innocently, withoubany cheek, and it made me laugh. She had a point, after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Whatcha' slackin on today?

I found this thread today too. Funny, I bet many us spend the first two weeks only on our check-in page to see what's normal for day x, y or z... But I think this is the reality check page.

My husband is a minister, and we go to one of the retirement centers in town on Sunday evenings to do an evening prayer service. Today I slacked by now loading or unloading anything. And while they were loading up at the end I visited with all the older women (I am 41, and most od them are in their 80s or better)...and heard about their hysterectomies. According to them I look great, and I have a wonderful family. ;-)
Unread 10-18-2010, 12:10 AM

Poor DH was working till 3:00am on Saturday so he jones me in the Slacker Sack on Sunday morning. D(step)D brought us tea fruit juice for breakfast-at two on the afternoon! My sister came round and cooked supper in the eve when DH went to work again and I did NOTHING ALL DAY!

Have just finished watching the Sopranos boxset, any suggestions on what next? (done TrueBlood & WestWing & the Wire, need something gritty as cantdo laughing at the mo)

Gem x
Unread 10-18-2010, 12:11 AM

Jones ???!?! = joined
;-)
Unread 10-18-2010, 02:14 AM

Yay!!! love this post, feel like i already belong. Im only day 5 post-op, but I could get used to this. My youngest daughter (who just happens to be OCD about cleaning) moved back in with us, and life is good! I can wear myself out just by doing my farm/games on FB. Sleeping, snacking, reading, and being on PC for a few more weeks sounds like my kind of recovery! Poor DH doesnt know what to do since I took over the remote. Tried telling him it wasnt made to fit his hand only, lol!
Unread 10-18-2010, 03:36 AM

3 WEEKS TODAY post op and iam gonna slack on everything D cleaned the house yesterday and I bought two good books I plan to absorb today
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:56 AM

i do think i have you all beat. I held my 4 year old son's remote hostage (no deigo) until he loaded laundry and moved the laundry from the dryer to my bed so i can fold it. He has been moving the clothes from the washer to dryer for months before my surgery. My DH and my other DS that lives at home are gone all the time (my oldest DS is in collage 4 hours away)
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:12 AM

No question about it. Today is a total slacker day for me. I have a pile of laundry sitting on the couch calling my name and getting quite hoarse. I turned on the dishwasher and I am done. Yesterday took a toll on me, just getting out of the house and going to church. My swelly belly is about to pop it's so swollen. I really hope it's not one of those year long swelly bellys..I'll cry for sure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register