Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

Shame on you. Now, go to your room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2010, 11:52 AM

There you have been officially spanked nowcall a freind and have some
You are redeemed Hyster
Unread 10-21-2010, 11:58 AM

Thank you both..I shall go to my room with a hot cup of tea and a good book..sounds like sufficient punishment to me :wink:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2010, 12:00 PM

Now, you've got it.
Unread 10-21-2010, 09:33 PM

the slackers are really slacking, I had to WORK and go back 3 pages to find this thread!!!

Just reporting in as a proper slacker, having done nothing except wear my poor little fingers to the bone working on my farm on FarmTown ..all day long....
Unread 10-22-2010, 04:52 AM

I am gonna slack on everything today its been a busy week and I deserve the rest
Unread 10-22-2010, 07:12 AM

So I am bonified slacker these days.. 2 weeks 12 days post- op and I am still "ouching" and "phewing" after merely getting my shower, cleaning my cath bag and getting dressed.... Dang when does this tiredness after doing everyday life things end... It's getting depressing.... I've slacked on putting dishes in the dishwasher cause I'm too lazy to walk to the kitchen... I've slacked on drying my hair since I have to get up and plug the dryer in  I am slacker extroaordinaire I think... Am I babying myself too much ??? Or is this state I'm in normal???
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:05 AM

I'm loving this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris View Post
So I am bonified slacker these days.. 2 weeks 12 days post- op and I am still "ouching" and "phewing" after merely getting my shower, cleaning my cath bag and getting dressed.... Dang when does this tiredness after doing everyday life things end... It's getting depressing.... I've slacked on putting dishes in the dishwasher cause I'm too lazy to walk to the kitchen... I've slacked on drying my hair since I have to get up and plug the dryer in  I am slacker extroaordinaire I think... Am I babying myself too much ??? Or is this state I'm in normal???
I didn't blow dry my hair until at least 8 weeks post TAH, and if it didn't fit in the top-shelf of the dishwasher it stayed in the sink for DH to deal with for at least a month. If you're still toting around a cath bag, I'd call it a free pass for everything. I didn't have one at your stage and I still didn't feel guilty, so you shouldn't either.
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:26 AM

LOVED going to my DR yesterday. They fed my slacker soul! It was my first post op (just about 4 weeks for me) and when I told them the little that I've been doing around the house, I got the finger wag and a firm "NO". LOL I haven't been doing much, just very light housekeeping like dusting and folding laundry, picking up the kitchen after DD has proclaimed that she cleaned it. DR told me it sounded like a slippery slope and that I needed to be taking walks for exercise but not to be getting myself into the housekeeping cycle. He also refused to release me back to work early. When I asked about refilling my pain meds, he asked me why I'd need them. I told him that i really didn't use them unless I had done too much in a day and used them at night to help with bedtime relaxing, he said that I need to not do too much in a day. He said that was better therapy than a narcotic, no matter how mild the dose. I had to laugh and agree.

So, I've been ordered to continue slacking for another 4 weeks!!
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:56 AM

I pushed myself just a little at work this week, but am leaving early & going home to take a nap to make up for it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register