Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefandi77 View Post
One week post-op and I am having trouble with this slacking thing. Bored with tv, bored with the books, bored with FB. It doesn't help that my DH seems to think I need to get up and do something. Does anyone else have a spouse like that? He told me today I was not taking care of my responsibilities. Hmmmmmm -- I thought my responsibility was to heal properly. Thank God my church family has provided dinner every night since I have been home. Not sure what is going to happen when he has to cook dinner.
Mine is not THAT bad. But almost. When his boss offered to have some meals bought and catered to us (because DH works 100+ hours and we have no family and few acquaintances) my DH told him we were FINE!!! FINE!?!?! I could have beat him over the head for that one. We had meals delivered by those few acquaintances for three days, and scheduled for a week. However, after the third meal everyone had things "come up". We are almost totally out of groceries, and DH refuses to take time out of his work schedule to get me to the store. Told me to find a place that will deliver groceries.

He has mentioned that he wishes I was "well already" so things were back to normal. He doesn't like the house being out of order, he doesn't like worrying about me, and he doesn't like that we are taking a break from our homeschooling for two weeks. He is also whining about the lack of sex, already.

He did surprise me with a Sprite last night. He brings the kids something home almost nightly (gum ball, soda, sunflower seeds, etc.) but never me. Last night he brought the kids nothing and me a soda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2010, 11:33 AM

Two weeks post op and I did the dishes today. The dust bunnies and laundry will be there when I get to them.
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:36 AM

I fixed breakfast and came back to bed...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2010, 11:45 AM

I feel I owe an update on the butt boil. It is too embarrassing to share with anyone else but you guys. The butt boil had to be lanced on Sunday (the most painful thing I have ever been through by far). When the doctor tells you, "this is going to hurt like h***" you know it is going to be bad. I was then ordered to spend two more days slacking, but I'm not sure it was worth it.

Beware of the Butt Boils! It could be a conspiracy with the Dust Bunnies.
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHeifer View Post
Mine is not THAT bad. But almost. When his boss offered to have some meals bought and catered to us (because DH works 100+ hours and we have no family and few acquaintances) my DH told him we were FINE!!! FINE!?!?! I could have beat him over the head for that one. We had meals delivered by those few acquaintances for three days, and scheduled for a week. However, after the third meal everyone had things "come up". We are almost totally out of groceries, and DH refuses to take time out of his work schedule to get me to the store. Told me to find a place that will deliver groceries.

He has mentioned that he wishes I was "well already" so things were back to normal. He doesn't like the house being out of order, he doesn't like worrying about me, and he doesn't like that we are taking a break from our homeschooling for two weeks. He is also whining about the lack of sex, already.

He did surprise me with a Sprite last night. He brings the kids something home almost nightly (gum ball, soda, sunflower seeds, etc.) but never me. Last night he brought the kids nothing and me a soda.
It saddens me to hear that you are not getting all the support you deserve. Have you tried talking to him and flat out telling him how you feel? That you need help and need time and support so that you can "get well". This must be causing alot of stress on you that you do not need. I hope you get through to him so that you can heal. Take care.

Unread 10-27-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsy_chick View Post
I feel I owe an update on the butt boil. It is too embarrassing to share with anyone else but you guys. The butt boil had to be lanced on Sunday (the most painful thing I have ever been through by far). When the doctor tells you, "this is going to hurt like h***" you know it is going to be bad. I was then ordered to spend two more days slacking, but I'm not sure it was worth it.

Beware of the Butt Boils! It could be a conspiracy with the Dust Bunnies.
What you talkin bout Willis.....I'm here at work so you better be slackin for both of us....now lay on your side and eat your bon bons
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes75 View Post
It saddens me to hear that you are not getting all the support you deserve. Have you tried talking to him and flat out telling him how you feel? That you need help and need time and support so that you can "get well". This must be causing alot of stress on you that you do not need. I hope you get through to him so that you can heal. Take care.
He knows.

Thanks for the support though, it means a lot. Really.
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:07 PM

Well ladies, my career in slackin' is fast drawing to a close.... I saw the doc this morning and she gave me a release to return to work full time with no restrictions as of Monday, Nov 1. So, today I slack, tomorrow I see my PCM and slack, Friday I start evicting the dust bunnies !
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHeifer View Post

I am so sorry to hear that. I am afraid we have spoiled our men too much and they don't know what to do. How old are your children?

I am praying you heal quickly and have wisdom in knowing when to do things and when to rest.

Peace and blessings!
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Today I took a shower, ate a banana for breakfast and watched Rachel Ray. DD is bringing lunch. We shall see how I do this afternoon....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register