Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefandi77 View Post
I am so sorry to hear that. I am afraid we have spoiled our men too much and they don't know what to do. How old are your children?

I am praying you heal quickly and have wisdom in knowing when to do things and when to rest.

Peace and blessings!
The 15 year old is now living with my ex, so we won't factor him into this recovery.

Then I have a 14 year old boy, a 12 year old girl, and a 5 year old here now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHeifer View Post
The 15 year old is now living with my ex, so we won't factor him into this recovery.

Then I have a 14 year old boy, a 12 year old girl, and a 5 year old here now.
Older ones are old enough to do some things. I was cooking the evening meal 5 days a week when I was 12. They should at least be able to handle grilled cheese and canned soup, hamburger helper, tuna casserole, beans and weenies and the like. Might not be your first choice, but it is food and these things take little guidance.

I only have the 16 yo son at home now. He seems to understand my situation better than my dh so I expect he will pick up some of the cooking when we quit getting meals from the church ladies later this week. He already does his own laundry and will rotate mine through. Since I am in pjs or sweats all the time right now, I don't have to worry about things being done wrong and I can fold them myself. DH will just have to do his own or go without.
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glndgd63 View Post
Well ladies, my career in slackin' is fast drawing to a close.... I saw the doc this morning and she gave me a release to return to work full time with no restrictions as of Monday, Nov 1. So, today I slack, tomorrow I see my PCM and slack, Friday I start evicting the dust bunnies !
Glad to hear about your recovery...sorry to hear about the end of your slackin' career. Just keep the slackin' spirit. I go home so tired from work that I slack in the evenings as much as possible. I long for the days of full-time slackin'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2010, 12:04 PM

I figure I have 5 days between now and work to evict those dust bunnies.... I have a living room, family room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom (don't use the other 2 BR or the other BA unless there's company) so if I start Friday, I should get it done by Monday, and still have time to slack a bit.

Now I just need to be able to sleep so I don't nod off at my desk ! !
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:08 PM

omg.....I am trying SO hard to slack today! We have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow night and all of a sudden I see everything that needs to be done! For some reason I've been able to turn a blind eye to it all but now...oh gosh....I want SO much to get down on my knees and scrub that tub, but I know that would turn out very very bad...lol ...and don't even get me started about how bad the place needs vacuuming!

Luckily my friend could care less, but still...
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:48 PM

Real friends go to see you, not the house. Real friends also understand not being able to do the stuff we take for granted.
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:35 PM

Today...hmmm..I took a shower...I enrolled my husband in 401K online. I then went into my 401K and made an adjustment. I ate breakfast and lunch. Now I am counting down the minutes until my 17yr gets home from school.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM

DH vacuumed for the first time yesterday...to celebrate my 3-week anniversary? He proclaimed that the next dogs are going to be non-shedders...welcome to my world, dear! I did some dusting. I have to admit that it's hard to watch him do my usual chores. He also told a friend that I'm not very good at letting him do everything. It's not like he's sitting around waiting for my every command--"pick up the laundry basket, my love." I wonder how my grandmother handled recovery from her hysterectomy?? I don't feel like I'm doing too much. No extra pain, no bleeding or discharges. I just have a real hard time doing nothing.

For the ladies who have partners that aren't taking recovery seriously, I'd suggest staying in your PJ's and moving as if you're in pain all the time. When hubs seems to expect a bit more from me than I feel I can handle, I drag out the ice bag, hit the recliner and nap. I do admit that I never expected to feel the need to nap the way I have. I guess my style is to slack when I feel like it and do a little more when I'm feeling good. I hope it works well with the end result.
Unread 10-28-2010, 02:45 PM

I had a wonderful day yesterday: a morning walk in the sun, a ham sandwich prepared by DH, followed by an afternoon nap. Then in the evening I carved a pumpkin then dressed up as a pumpkin & went out fir dinner at my sister's house.
Lovely, even had some wine & it helped me sleep!!
Funny stuff: I introduced the word 'honkerblonkers' to the conversation and I would like to share with you the definitions we came up with lastnight:
Honkerblonker: that aggressive goose in the petting zoo that chases you for the empty food bag.
Honkerblonker: the embarrassing snort you make when laughing out of control.
Honkerblonkers: the resulting images put up on facebook when some unfortunate drunk girlie decides it's a good idea to flash the rugby team.
And my favourite- Honkerblonkers: what the doc prescribes for you if you are paranoid about your breast size.
Gem xx
Unread 10-28-2010, 03:20 PM

Geminie, the new word is great!!!

Today, I have sat in my chair and watched Lifetime Movies. Seriously about the extent of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register