Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

I'm so happy to see this thread still alive and well. Slacking truly is the best medicine and slacking with you sisters is even better.

I'm seriously worried about my role as the domestic goddess around here. My DH took a few more vacation days this week and was CLEANING and COOKING every day! Yesterday I came downstairs after my shower and found him on his hands and knees in the kitchen with a stain pen, fixing some of the scratches on the floor. Then he made me breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, the bathrooms, did some laundry and put new weather stripping on the back door. I did get him to take a break and watch Ice Age 3 with me and my son who had come over for a visit. But then he was back in the kitchen preparing a pork roast for dinner.

What's going to happen when he retires in 4 years? What will I do? Oh yeah, slack, slack and slack some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreecats View Post
I'm so happy to see this thread still alive and well. Slacking truly is the best medicine and slacking with you sisters is even better.

I'm seriously worried about my role as the domestic goddess around here. My DH took a few more vacation days this week and was CLEANING and COOKING every day! Yesterday I came downstairs after my shower and found him on his hands and knees in the kitchen with a stain pen, fixing some of the scratches on the floor. Then he made me breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, the bathrooms, did some laundry and put new weather stripping on the back door. I did get him to take a break and watch Ice Age 3 with me and my son who had come over for a visit. But then he was back in the kitchen preparing a pork roast for dinner.

What's going to happen when he retires in 4 years? What will I do? Oh yeah, slack, slack and slack some more.

How amazing....great man you have.
Unread 10-28-2010, 10:25 PM

Having passed the midway point in my recovery, I'm sad to say that I'm more "Power-slackin" than full-time slackin lately. I have short slacker sessions throughout my day. And because I try to make the absolute MOST of them, I call them my Power-Slackin sessions. I make sure to take a break from my activities to sit down on the couch and not do anything else...nada...zip...something I did rarely before my surgery. I take a little private joy in knowing that I'm putting my stuff on the back burner while I tend to my Princess status and kick back. I'm a multi-tasker at heart, so this is a deliberate solo act that I am proud to have perfected during my recovery.

I'm not talking about a quick sit while I rearrange priorities in my head or chat with the husband about To Do lists. There's no folding laundry while watching TV, no fielding calls from Girl Scout leaders or Trap Club officers... I'm talking about sitting down, rearranging the pillows for MY optimal comfort, ignoring the phone (that includes the cell phone), try not to ignore DD or DH too much( but they better be sitting down with me if they want my attention), and doing absolutely nothing. If there is no one manning the remote, and I so choose, it becomes mine. Might break open a book or I may deem it time to just sit and close my eyes.

I make sure I stay as long as it takes to completely unwind, and then add 5 minutes.

It's not the slackin I was enjoying when this thread first started, but it is quality slackin for sure! My time recovering will soon be over, and I'll be full steam ahead with returning to work and the holidays on the horizon. I have many volunteer positions that will be ready to have my attention return. Heck, I'm impressed with how well everyone has respected my recovery time, but I can tell they are counting down the days just as I am, just for very different reasons .

I'm excited to be able to return to my life happier and healthier than I was. But I shall always treasure my Slacker Sisterhood and take the time daily to honor and pay homage to her with a power-slacking session or two!

So for these next few weeks, I'll be increasing the activity in my day , but I'll be always looking forward to my slack-sessions and the only thing I will allow myself to think about is my Slacker Sisters and how close we all come to naming our dust bunnies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 10:54 PM

Oh, how I have been waiting for this!!
Finally my time to join the slackers!!!

YEAH!!

Have been released into the very capabale paws of my kittie nurse yesterday. She has a mighty purr and is not afraid to use it.
Have had several purr therapy sessions with alternating cat naps, making for a great recovery process so far!

Hubby still a bit reluctant to support my new hobby - extreme slacking. Unfortunately have to claim support more than I would like....

This post has exhausted me ladies, back to bed....
Unread 10-29-2010, 09:18 AM

I like the power slackin'. That's about my speed, these days. As much as I dislike doing nothing, I was just about to get used to super slackin' when the Dr released me to go back to that 4-letter thing we call work.
Unread 10-29-2010, 10:47 AM

I hear ya Drafter! It's that work thing that's got me coming back to reality too in a couple weeks.
Unread 10-29-2010, 11:53 AM

This is my fave hystersisters thread!
Sisters are Slackin' for them selves!
Unread 10-29-2010, 12:04 PM

I've been back to work since Sept 27 and I'm still slackin'!

You have to use your time wisely to fit slackin' into your schedule, but it can be done. Don't worry girls, we can do this!
Unread 10-29-2010, 04:07 PM

Power Slackin! I love it!

Hey, if we name our dust bunnies, can we claim them as dependents?

Slack on, sistas!
Unread 10-29-2010, 04:11 PM

I'm slackin so good my legs are up on the couch while my husband is vaccuming...never in our 25yrs do I remember this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register