Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBirds View Post
I'm a new member of the Slacker club! I'm watching TV and reading hystersisters in my new leather recliner. while DH is making dinner.
Take care, everyone!
Perfect! And welcome to the multislackin' hyster-sisterhood!

I'm approaching my 4 week date so I'm doing a bit more. I swept the front porch and the back decks, fed the cats and the fish, and deadheaded a few roses. Now I'm slackin on the deck with my laptop. It's so sunny and warm - I think I'll catch some

Slack on sistas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2010, 02:52 PM

I am soooo tired today.

I am leaving work and doing nothing but slackin when I get home. My pjs and recliner better be ready when I get there!
Unread 11-04-2010, 05:07 PM

I ended up with a great slackin day!

I called in the forces to help since I've been going backwards with my recovery since my husband has been back at work. The 23 yr old neice living with us is almost no help at all....so I asked my Mom to babysit, which she was willing to do and hired a friend who is totally OCD to come clean. She only had 3 1/2 hrs but it made a nice dent. Fridge cleaned out, Bathrooms cleaned, bed linens washed, bed made, dishes washed, kitchen swept, some toys put away, etc. I decided that since my husband is working, I'm going to pay her to come once/wk to clean for me. If I don't get help I'm going to freak right out, or hurt myself. I don't want to do either.

So, in between frequent episodes slackin on my back, I cleaned up my desk and worked a bit on finances....then watched a movie...by myself..no interruptions! Love it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2010, 05:15 PM

I work with a wonderful bunch of people that are making sure I slack one more week. Church people fed us the first two weeks. One of the girls from the office came by with a huge box of frozen casseroles, boxed dinners, vegetables, etc so all my guys have to do is heat and eat. One more week of slackin' for me! Woo Hoo!
Unread 11-05-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefandi77 View Post
I work with a wonderful bunch of people that are making sure I slack one more week. Church people fed us the first two weeks. One of the girls from the office came by with a huge box of frozen casseroles, boxed dinners, vegetables, etc so all my guys have to do is heat and eat. One more week of slackin' for me! Woo Hoo!
what a huge blessing! I'm down to freezer meals now for the most part.

Slackin to the max today...well, okay, if the truth be known, have been in bed all day but have used that time to plan a party for my father-in-laws 90th b-day. So excited!! Hope my husband and his brother don't have a problem paying for it..lol
Unread 11-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Well, I survived my first week back at work. I totaled about 44 hours, so not too bad. I intend to get back to slackin this weekend other than laundry for next week's work.
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:01 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through all the slackin systers posts while I was pre-op and I've finally graduated.

I had LAVH on 11/16 with everything removed. My uterus was adhered to my bladder so while surgeon was removing uterus, my bladder was cut. Urologist was called into OR for emergency repair and placement of two ureteral stents. So, I get to carry my foley around for the next 2 wks or so until my bladder heals and it and the stents can be removed.
So, just today, I was feeling a little better (maybe the dilaudid?)and I smiled realizing that I am truly super slackin! Geez, I can lie in bed and wee, watch a movie (uninterrupted) and wee, eat dinner and wee, chat with company and wee....heck, I'm weeing right now and I've never even left my desk. Earlier, I was on my lap top in bed, just weeing to my heart's content. Yep, super slackin....just might get used to this. Don't take my foley! Heck, I think I might just take a sharpie, write PRADA on the back and carry it like a handbag to the mall. Oh yea!
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
So, just today, I was feeling a little better (maybe the dilaudid?)and I smiled realizing that I am truly super slackin! Geez, I can lie in bed and wee, watch a movie (uninterrupted) and wee, eat dinner and wee, chat with company and wee....heck, I'm weeing right now and I've never even left my desk. Earlier, I was on my lap top in bed, just weeing to my heart's content. Yep, super slackin....just might get used to this. Don't take my foley! Heck, I think I might just take a sharpie, write PRADA on the back and carry it like a handbag to the mall. Oh yea!
Ha ha! You make me laugh. What a funny, positive way to look at your situation. Dilaudid is your friend.

Have a terrific week and keep on slackin'.
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
OMGosh you make me laugh. I love your slackin stories! It sounds like you are enjoying the dilaudid as much as I did. In fact my grown sons and dh tease me about how blissful I was when the nurse put it into my IV. In fact I enjoyed it so much I didn't even notice my foley in the hospital. The first couple of nights at home I was up going to the toilet so often, I actually missed the foley.
Keep up your super slackin!

I'm in the comfy recliner watching holiday movies on the Hallmark channel. Hubby just went out to pick up Chinese food for dinner.
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Thanks Andi and Gail.

Gee Gail, back at the castle, I only got morphine pca then they changed it to demoral pca. I had to be released to get the good stuff. But I did get special treatment...for instance, I got oxygen for over 24 hrs because I think they were afraid I was slackin to the point of not breathing? Hmmm. They also visited every 15 minutes the first night, yep, every 15 minutes checking to make sure I was still breathing and I had a blood pressure. Every other time, they would check my temp...maybe I looked a little too cool lying there? Or rigor mortis, nah, maybe?
But I was onto them...I knew I could press that little black button that would dispense some morphine every 15 minutes so I synched with them and our schedules became one and I looked forward to their visits....shhhh, don't tell them. It is a secret.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register