Whatcha' slackin on today? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whatcha' slackin on today? Whatcha' slackin on today?

Unread 10-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Re: Whatcha' slackin on today?

Today has been great! I might qualify for president slacker! Two friends came over today and cleaned my whole house in 2 hours. I didn't do anything but sit back and watch and order chinese for our lunch. This is a whole new experience for me--I've never been lucky enough to have a cleaning lady. I think I could get used to it.

After they left, I took a long nap and now I'm enjoying a beautiful, fall day.

Let there be slacking!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 02:46 PM

You slackers are cracking me up! I love it!

And here I was feeling guilty for slacking off at work all day today.
Unread 10-12-2010, 03:30 PM

The first rule of order - there shall be no guilt in Slacker Land!

Nervous Hal, ya done good sitting back and letting the friends take over. One day you may be called upon to do the same. For your outstanding slackertude, I declare you Slacker Prez of the day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 04:17 PM

Oh, what a bunch of cut-ups I've fallen with at this site! Thanks for sending me here, Happyg!

First of all, I would recommend that we all stop referring to our choice of slacking posts as "chairs, recliners, etc." Mine is the "throne," not to be confused with The Throne, which occupies the bathing room of the home.

Since coming home last Friday, I've spent lots of time in my throne watching the tiny ceiling dust bunnies wave rhythmically in the breeze from the fan. I briefly though of having DH get the dust-bunny getter to capture them, but it was too much effort to issue the order. I've read four library books, and made the first trip out into the local area yesterday with a trip to the doc's office to get stitches removed from my belly button (hospital forgot them when we left). I contemplated having a zipper tatooed on my abdominal incision when healing is finished, but will probably pass on that idea. That idea took a lot of brain power, so feel free to use it, my sisters, if you are so inclined. I wiped the top of the stove this morning, which is an area DH never considers cleaning after he cooks...he got kicked out of home ec. in high school. And then I did a dog-hair assessment to figure how many days it would take of the two dogs shedding on the laminate flooring before there'd be enough hair to make a Chihuahua, and how many Chihuahuas would be made in the next five weeks recovery time. I am exhausted after recounting my slackin. Please, please, please, don't nominate me for President. The mere thought of all that work makes me faint. Pass my pain pills, please.
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drafter29 View Post
That's it... Turn in your slacker badge. You will have to work really hard at slacking to get it back.

Believe me. Tomorrow I go to the to have her look at my nasty looking and smelling incision and that will be hard enough work for me for the day!

I WILL be a member in good standing!

Three Cheers for NervousHal Prez of the day!!!!
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:37 PM

I gave up the percoset and dealing with pain, but I am feeling better. Kinda want one to ease this pain some. The exhaustion is mind boggling so no problem being a slacker. I did cook yesterday and today..and folded clothes...have to be off tomorrow. I am exhausted...hyster slacker and glad it's over.
Unread 10-12-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreecats View Post
I'm slackin on the dusting and don't give a rip. I just saw a dust bunny big enough to put a leash on and take for a walk. Maybe I'll name it. Set a place for it at the table. Or maybe I'll just nudge it back under the sofa and pretend it's not there.

Slack on sistas!
You are making me laugh! I am 5 weeks post-op and have just now gotten to the spiders which have started to enjoy a house that's messier than usual. Don't sweat the small stuff. They will still be there, well-fed, when you get better. Right now, don't you worry about a thing, I adopted the attitude, if it falls, there it lies till someone comes by and picks it up, vacuum, you'll still be there in 5 weeks, and everything else will fall back into place when you are feeling better. Wish I could come by and help you, I'm on the road to recovery, and it was quicker than I thought. Keep those funny emails coming! Laughter really IS the best medicine.
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Whatcha' slackin on today?

Marry me???? you are hysterical

[quote=PointerSister;331 what a bunch of cut-ups I've fallen withhis site! Thanks for sending me here, Happyg!

First of all, I would recommend that we all stop referring to our choice of slacking posts as "chairs, recliners, etc." Mine is the "throne," not to be confused with The Throne, which occupies the bathing room of the home.

Since coming home last Friday, I've spent lots of time in my throne watching the tiny ceiling dust bunnies wave rhythmically in the breeze from the fan. I briefly though of having DH get the dust-bunny getter to capture them, but it was too much effort to issue the order. I've read four library books, and made the first trip out into the local area yesterday with a trip to the doc's office to get stitches removed from my belly button (hospital forgot them when we left). I contemplated having a zipper tatooed on my abdominal incision when healing is finished, but will probably pass on that idea. That idea took a lot of brain power, so feel free to use it, my sisters, if you are so inclined. I wiped the top of the stove this morning, which is an area DH never considers cleaning after he cooks...he got kicked out of home ec. in high school. And then I did a dog-hair assessment to figure how many days it would take of the two dogs shedding on the laminate flooring before there'd be enough hair to make a Chihuahua, and how many Chihuahuas would be made in the next five weeks recovery time. I am exhausted after recounting my slackin. Please, please, please, don't nominate me for President. The mere thought of all that work makes me faint. Pass my pain pills, please.[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:11 PM

Those dust bunnies on the ceiling are specifically there for your entertainment. Notice their synchronous movement. That's their version of Ballet. You just can't hear the music.
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Careful rat212 she's mine....as soon as I get the motor connected to my throne I'm on my way

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register