What 'cha reading? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What 'cha reading? What 'cha reading?

Unread 10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
What 'cha reading?

We spend so much time unwinding, I wondered what all you sisters spend your time reading. I stocked up on a few books before my castle visit. Luckily for me some coworkers had brought in books that they had read and were giving away, a couple others I bought at Walmart and Barnes and Noble on sale.

Just finished: Wednesday Night Witches by Lee Nichols.

Up next: The Devil in the Junior League by Linda Francis Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Re: What 'cha reading?

I have been reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". I had heard so much about the series; I thought I shouldn't miss it. It has just been ok. Kind of slow to start and then when it did get exciting, it kind of creeped me out!

My mom brought me Franzen's "Freedom". I'll start that next.
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:46 PM

No new books here since I couldn't find anything I wanted before surgery. The library isn't far so maybe I'll find something later in the week if I feel like going out.

I'm mostly catching up on a few painting and quilting sites/blogs I like. I am itching to get back in front of my easel. Maybe tonight. DH looks worried when I mention that because I can stand there for hours, way into the wee hours, in fact, so I think he's afraid I'll over do it. Watch him set an alarm. I can just hear him - put down the brushes and no one gets hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 04:48 PM

I am reading "Take Four" its from Karen Kingsbury. It is a great series.
Unread 10-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Debbie Macomber's Cevar Cove series is what I just finished reading. I feel like i know all the people. She has some really good books.
Unread 10-12-2010, 05:43 PM

I'm reading The Street Lawyer by John Grisham, but have to admit to listening to the Anne of Green Gables series on the internet. At 54, I still love it!
Unread 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM

phillipa gregory books. she wrote 'the other boleyn girl' and 'the boleyn inheritance'. i just finished 'the virgin's lover' about queen elizabeth (henry the 8th daughter) and robert dudley. and now im reading 'the constant princess', about queen katherine of aragon, who was henry the 8th first wife. good, easy to read historical fiction, with just enough romance.
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:17 PM

I'm reading How Yoga Works by Christie McNally. I'm such a yogi, I just hope I can go back to my Bikram Yoga when I get heal.
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Smile - What 'cha reading? Re: What 'cha reading?

I just finished "smash cut" by Sandra Brown - have to say I did not see the ending coming... so it was good.

Just started "Family Tree" by Barbra Delinsky - so so so far...

Next up is Chosen by Chelsea Hoffman - actually read a review of this one in the surgeons waiting room and came home a bought the e-version. My kids are adopted and this is an adoption related tale...

My 'gift to myself' in advance of surgery was an e-reader - a Borders KoBo.... I love it so far, and the e-books are really a lot less expensive (because you had to buy the reader). The delinsky book was $0.89....

Mega
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:32 AM

I'm writing down your recommendations, Sisters! Freedom is going to be my next book. NervousHal, let me know what you think of it.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. If you saw the movie, it was a terrible remake. The book is terrific.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register