Estradiol | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Estradiol

I am curious what side effects anyone has with Estradiol... I keep noticing a headache happening.. Wondering if it's related or not.. Only a week post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Re: Estradiol

You are still very early post op. It's not unusual to have some symptoms early on. However; if the headaches keep coming, it may be a sign that you need a tweak in your ert or maybe a change in delivery. It is helpful to keep a journal of your symptoms during the early months post op.

Unread 10-13-2010, 04:52 PM

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2010, 06:49 PM

I had headaches on Estradiol for about 6-8 days at the beginning. I am 7 weeks post op, the headaches are gone.
Unread 10-13-2010, 07:00 PM

oh cool! Even better!
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Glad to know I was not the only one who had headaches with this medication. I got migraines for days that nothing would touch it. So I stopped and we adjusted 2 more times and the same thing happened. Not to mention intense hot flashes! I am 7 weeks post op with no HRT. But Dr. is not really happy with that, but he's leaving it up to me. I know everyone is different, but should I try it again or something else? Suggestions!
Unread 10-13-2010, 11:10 PM

I hope you can find answers!!

So far this evening my
Headache is gone... I am crossing my fingers it wasn't HRT related...
Unread 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM

I have been very happy with the Estradiol. I have taken many and it has had the least side effects for me. I even lost weight!!
I do suffer from migraines but don't think it is related to that since I stopped taking it for a while to see if it effected the headaches and it did not.
I am the type of person who usually gets a side effect of something; so this has been a good med for me!
Unread 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM

I love my Estradiol, I call it my magic blue pill! I have been on 1 mg for 3 1/2 years and have had no side effects, have lost about 15 pounds over that time period, and really feel like my "old" self, the person that felt good every day before bad PMS set in. A few times I have gotten off track and not taken for a few days and then I get a splitting headache, that old PMS headache I used to get. I know everyone has to make their own decision about HRT, but for me, it has worked better than any ovary I ever had!
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Smile - Estradiol Re: Estradiol

Once I started taking estradiol my headaches stopped, the happier me returned, hot flashes gone need I say more! I too love my little blue pill

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register