Anyone successful on bio identicals? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone successful on bio identicals? Anyone successful on bio identicals?

Unread 10-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Anyone successful on bio identicals?

Are any of you successfully on the bioidenticals and feeling well? I had my hysterectomy on 9-23-10 and need to decide on HRT. Bioidenticals have come highly recommended to me due to some severe chronic health conditions (other than endometriosis). My accupuncturist feels there will be less chance of severe side effects/reactions. I'd LOVE to hear from people and how their experience is going.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Re: anyone using bio-identical hormone replacement

I have been struggling with them for well over a year now. I started with the cream, changed to the troche. After many blood test and changing dose I am now on the Combi Patch in my second week. Life is much better. It has NOT been a fun trip. So far this patch seems to have eased my flashes and over all feeling bad. I am still struggling with headaches. I wish you well and hope you do not have to travel on the road I have been down. Genie
Unread 10-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Re: Anyone successful on bio identicals?

I have been successful with Compounded Bio Identical hormones. It did take me quite some time and much tweaking and changing to find the correct mix for me.

Do keep in mind that everyone is different and that there are many different bio identical options out there. I would suggest reading the articles at www.hormonejungle.com and discussing your options with your doctor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Smile - Anyone successful on bio identicals? Re: Anyone successful on bio identicals?

Yes, I have also been successful on bioidentical creams... it has taken 16 months for me to feel mostly back to normal. I also switched doctors because my doctor/surgeon does not believe in checking blood levels, etc. I had saliva testing and blood work done initially 7 months after my surgery, in June 2009, and at first bloodwork every three months. My estrogen levels were through the roof when I was tested, because I was using Evamist spray and did not need it!!! I now use only a progesterone cream, adrenal support cream and vitamin supplements and feel much better- headaches decreased,insomnia better, depression gone, anxiety gone. It is a slow process, but it is worth it. Finding the right doctor is key!!!

abdominal hyst 6/09, kept ovaries- adenomyosis, endometriosis
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:53 AM

Adrenal support cream? What is that? If ovaries are gone, as mine are, adrenal support sounds like a good thing. Does it really work in kicking in the arenals? I've heard of DHEA doing that, but it has too many side effects for me.
Unread 10-19-2010, 12:13 PM

Adrenal support cream is from a compounding pharmacy and contains pregnenolone, cortisol, and DHEA in low doses. I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue as well and the cream has definitely helped. I won't be on it forever, though. I use one small dose a day. All I know is that I was miserable before starting the compounded meds and I feel much better now. My insomnia was so bad I had to go on a low dose of trazodone, an antidepressant also used for insomnia. Although it helped I did not like it... I got off it as quickly as I could. Progesterone, again a low, compounded dose, has also helped. Since I still have my ovaries, I am not in menopause, although I am in perimenopause. So, my situation is somewhat different. But the meds have been lifesavers for me, literally! Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register