Scheduled LSH Watching Funny Movies After Surgery... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Watching Funny Movies After Surgery... Watching Funny Movies After Surgery...

Unread 10-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Watching Funny Movies After Surgery...

Did anyone have trouble watching funny movies/shows, etc. after surgery? Does it hurt to laugh after surgery? Im trying to stock up on my videos for the recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Re: Watching Funny Movies After Surgery...

I have to admit...I was a bit nervous to laugh too. It never hurt but I think I was just nervous that something would pop...by the way...nothing ever did pop...hahaha.
My belly was swollen and kind of tight so it was a little uncomfortable but nothing too bad.
I wish you luck with your surgery and a speedy and laugh filled recovery. Wishing you all the best!!!

doll325
Unread 10-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I guess Im concerned about popping something too! Thanks doll!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2010, 06:59 PM

You'll do great. And as they say, laughter is the best medicine. If watching funny movies helps you pass the time and stay positive then GO FOR IT!!!

Take care,
doll325
Unread 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM

I had no problem with laughing after my TAH when my Mom and sisters thought it was fun making me laugh two days after while I was still in the castle. Just had to grab faithful tummy pillow and laugh away.
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:27 PM

Oh gosh! I watched some old Cosby Show DVD's and thought I would pop a stitch! It hurt to laugh, but it was good to laugh too!

Seriously, I did not like belly laughing for about 3 weeks, cause it was painful to me, but after that I would grab my pillows and laugh away!
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:29 PM

It is much better to watch something funny than something that could be sad. My emotions where all over the place. I didn't have any problem with the laughing. Just be careful.
Unread 10-21-2010, 11:40 PM

I too watched a old movie that made me laugh, it was on cable, I had to switch channels for a few mins, it hurt, but it was not a bad hurt, it was like when you over work your abs and then have a good laugh, it hurts, but not a bad hurt. And I agree, better to giggle and laugh than to cry over a sad movie.
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:43 AM

I had a TAH on Sept 16 with a large vertical incision and they told me that coughing would not affect the incision so I figured laughing would be fine. Plus, laughing releases lots of good endorphins!

There was one episode where our cat did something ridiculously funny and my instinct was to just bellow with laughter but I caught myself, held onto my belly and did one of those quiet breathy laughs...which made me want to laugh harder! You had to be there but it was so funny, bf was laughing at me...the cat, however, was indifferent...lol

Laughter IS the best medicine!
One word of advice though, don't watch scary movies where things jump out at you....NOT good!!! Stick with the comedies!
Unread 10-22-2010, 02:29 PM

Good idea! I just picked up a pillow too. Ill try to keep the laughter down to a giggle. The shows that do it for me are Cheers, Frazier and Two and a Half Men. Ill just have to brace myself when Im watching these shows. (yes, I like the oldies)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register