Different Kinda' Gas.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Different Kinda' Gas.... Different Kinda' Gas....

Unread 11-03-2001, 07:23 PM
Different Kinda' Gas....

O.K...Ladies...I have a very embarrassing question! I have searched the entire site trying to find something of similar proportions...to no avail! I need !!!

I really do not know how to put this...so let's just say that lately I have been having gas type expulsions...not the intestinal gas...and not from the usual...errr... PLACE that gas expels from! (Are we catching on??) O.K..it is gas like expulsions from my vagina! (I know there is a less than lady-like name for these...PLEASE do not reference such in thi spost!)

Obviously there is not an odor...it is just the....errr...farts! What is causing such and WILL IT STOP???? This is most embarrassing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2001, 07:38 PM
Different Kinda' Gas....

YES! I was wondering about that myself! I'm just shy of my 6th week, and I've had the same thing going on for about 3 days now.

I can feel the gas 'bubble' in there, especially when I sit on the toilet. The air kinda eases out - mine has not made any sound [yet!?] - but there's definitely air in there that eventually comes on out! It's not painful or anything, but, ummm..... what gives?? Are our vaginas BREATHING now??? I mean, I can almost feel air going UP there, too! Could be my imagination because of the unfamiliar new feeling of air in there in the first place.

I have a DR appt on Monday, but I have to tell you, I am too embarrassed to ask him about it.

I am curious to see if any other sisters have experienced this.
Unread 11-03-2001, 07:54 PM
MMMMMUUUUOOOWWWAH!!!

That up there was a HUGE kiss for you, Toonces!!! I feel better already just knowing there is someone else out in Hyster Land who has this same...errr...problem!

I adore my Doc...have asked him some pretty strange, odd, embarrassing, etc., questions...this is one I did NOT wanna have to ask! I make calls through the relay operator on my TTY...can you imagine that?! They have to be confidentual...but you just KNOW that they go home and talk about their day at the office, too! "I got the funniest one today, hon...some gal calling her Doc about ***** farts!"

Thank you!!! And yes...I guess it just MIGHT be that our vaginas are finally getting their breath of fresh air?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2001, 08:17 PM
Different Kinda' Gas....

I haven't had it happen to me yet, but there is a great web page called OBGYN.NET where you can go in and ask any question, post it and :doctors: answer back. There are about 7 or 8 different Dr.s who answer questions and let me tell you I have seen some really wild ones! Can't hurt to try1

Cathy TAH/BSO .9mg premerin
Unread 11-03-2001, 08:49 PM
Different Kinda' Gas....

Kat, try doing a search on 'queefers.' I remember a very funny thread about this several months ago.

Happy healing!
Unread 11-03-2001, 09:10 PM
Oh, MY!!!!!

Welll...I am feeling waaaay better....though all of this laughter has actually worsened the original "problem" if I might say so! *poot,poot*

THANK YOU, Cathleen....for that awesome site referral! I spent a good hour there! It is super and has some very graphic photos...so fair warning to the queesy! That link was Womens Health Issue and it has EVERYTHING!!!

SPECIAL THANKS, Verlyn!!! I did that search...and Toonces...our "problem" is definitely not just OURS!

Apparently...these little poofs of air go by the obvious that I did not want to say...PF's and "varts," which is pretty self explanatory and "queefers" which apparently is the oldest name from way back when?! My personal fave was by one Sister who referred to them as "vaginal monologues!" Now I do not feel so alone...not only do my fellow Princesses have the same things happening...I always have my trusty vagina to "speak" with! ROFLMAO

Thanks Bunches, Loves!
Unread 11-03-2001, 09:25 PM
Queefers

Here's the link to the thread from back in March - click it!

Poof! There goes another Queefer!

Warning: those princesses fewer than 2 weeks post may wish to grab the Tummy Pillow for this one!

And TigersKat, just what did you use as your Search word when you went to obgyn.net?
Unread 11-03-2001, 09:39 PM
Different Kinda' Gas....

OOps! I did not find that stuff on OBGyn! I did find a lot of other interesting stuff...and for those of you with fibroids...they have one that was beyond huge! They also have a calcified fetus (so sad!! :cry: ) that was three years old and they assumed it was a fibroid!

I DID TRY entering quite a few things! BUT it kept coming up with weird things. That is one bad thing about this OBGyn site...though I bookmarked it...is that it is all so medical jargon-ny (is that a word?!) that it is hard to do a search of you do not know that stuff.

I got my info from the same link as you listed above...

Hugs, All!!
Unread 11-04-2001, 05:20 AM
Different Kinda' Gas....

Hi ladies,
I had a hysterectomy in 1998 along with a cystocele and rectocele repair. Approximately 1.5 years following the surgery, I too developed annoying vaginal air. I had another surgery three months ago to correct a cystocele and the air is even worse than it was pre-surgery. I have it all the time and with all movement. I have tried everything I can think of to eliminate it with no luck (i.e. wearing a tampon). My doctor told me that it was probably due to the cystocele. The theory is that air is getting trapped in the vagina due to it's prolapsed position. However, it is even worse following the surgery for cystocele. Have any of you been able to find anything that helps with this problem? Any advise would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Jilleen
Unread 11-04-2001, 08:19 AM
We have problems...any solutions?

Hi Jilleen and All!

Thank you for sharing that Jilleen. I had a plain old TAH...so I am not sure what all could be the cause of this. Since you are very latened post-op...I imagine it has nothing to do with a healing aspect! I am discouraged to think I will be "varting away" for non-sexual reasons...two years from now! Aaaah! Mine are not really as vocal as I exxagerrated...but I certainly FEEL them. (Being hearing impaired....the sense of feeling is even more prominent to me...as is my sight and sense of smell!)

I am going to look into this! Will share anything I can find...and I will even... ask my Doc!

I would think that wearing a tampon for such may be a risk for toxic shock and infection?! Please ask Doc about such...I ecall hearing no one should use a tampon for anything other than blood flow...so this may be dangerous? (I also had toxic shock symptoms once!)

Hugs ALL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register