info please, Im googled to death! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

info please, Im googled to death! info please, Im googled to death!

Unread 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM
info please, Im googled to death!

8wks post op, total hyst.. doc just changed meds from evamist to 1.25 Enjuvia pill. I hear yall all talk about the blue pill being good, whats that?

My symptomes were confusion, hot flashes, etc on evamist, doc said I need more estrogen than evamist provides and then he will lower me down at that point back to evamist..

can someone explain the difference between natual hormones and the other.. what my new medicine is is synthetic conjugated estrogens, is that bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Re: info please, Im googled to death!

Hello!

I hope you do well on the Enjuvia pill. There are some others members on this site who use it and hopefully they will be along to share their experiences.

Enjuvia is plant-based conjugated estrogens. It's not bio-identical because it's not made to be an exact duplicate of the estrogen produced by the ovaries. Evamist is one of many bio-identical estradiol products. Estradiol is one of three estrogens produced by the ovaries, the other two being estrone and estriol.

I've read of others mentioning the "blue pill" and I think they are referring to one of the doses of Premarin pills. Premarin is also conjugated estrogens but it's equine based rather than plant based.

Many women do well on bio-identical hormones and many do well on the synthetic. We're all different and there isn't really a "good" or "bad" one--whatever works best for you is good. It takes time for any hormone therapy to reach optimal levels so give this at least several weeks to work before asking for a change in dose or a change of hormone therapy.

If you want more information about hormones, there's good reading in this link: Hormone Jungle Articles.

I hope this helps!

Unread 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM

Ty so much for the info. When having that "foggy" feeling, I cant seem to understand even the simplest stuff.

I received an email back from evamist (what i am currently on) and they said I need to let the med have at least 4 wks to start to work or level out. Funny how the package insert nor the website tells us that. I know that my flashes have reduced since using it so I have decided not to start that pill yet and stay on the mist but use 3 sprays for the next 2 wks. I also noticed yesterday (second day on 2 sprays) that my foggy feeling was much less... I'm feeling hopeful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2010, 10:40 AM

I remember having that same foggy feeling. I had a hard time finishing simple tasks and often was literally at a loss for a word when talking. My family thought it was funny but I sure didn't. It wasn't like me at all! Getting my estrogen levels up made all the difference and I hope that's the case for you, too.

I think it's a good idea that you are continuing with the spray so that you are giving it a fair chance to work. If it turns out not to be right for you, there are plenty of other options. Sometimes it just takes us a while to hit on the right method of delivery, dose, type of estrogen and also the right combination of hormones for some of us.

Hang in there! I hope you continue to notice improvement.

Unread 10-27-2010, 07:26 PM

That foggy feeling makes me crazy. The simple things are hard to do... I even put on my glasses today when I already had in my contacts! I burn toast, while I am standing there waiting on it! I feel like I have brain damage. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register