trying to resolve fluctuations w/patch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

trying to resolve fluctuations w/patch trying to resolve fluctuations w/patch

Unread 10-28-2010, 05:22 AM
trying to resolve fluctuations w/patch

Hi sisters!
First of all I wanted to say that I'm better these days...thank you God! I still have certain things that are bothersome @ times. The hair shed thing is maddening some days. I'm thankful I have a lot of hair so I can cope(for now) anyway. Derms say extra estrogen is good for hair but I think fluctuations that cause it.imo.
I sometimes add just some dabs of prog. Crm (natural not compounded) maybe 3x month.
My dr. Has zero femrings for me to sample and is not offering to call for any but will write the script. I'm reluctant to fork it out $$just yet...maybe after holidays.still have young kiddos to think about.
If I change patch every 3rd day and this results in 10 patches month...do u think that would help w/fluctuations or worsen it??or could estrogen build/raise too fast??I just hate to poke the bear(me) unnecessarily.lol.
I am sleeping better 70% of time & have ZERO brst tenderness for past month and 90%of anxiety is gone. I just have this hair shed & if I don't keep my bedroom freezing and a fan blowing to block all noises I don't sleep @ all. Had thyroid tested 6weeks ago. Nubers good no meds. But had elevated antibodies 18months ago.

I think I've read where some sisters have done this. Thanks for your time!
Big hugs!
ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Re: trying to resolve fluctuations w/patch

soothankful, you can call warner chilcott (I think that's the mfr of Femring) and arrange for their rep to deliver a free sample to your dr office. I called them before when I was on Femring and they were very helpful, they replaced a ring for free that I thought was likely defective. You do have to provide dr info though.

Glad to hear you're feeling better these days.
Unread 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Oh that's wonderful info! Thanks so much Calypso!

ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Have you tried compunded estrogen? I found I had too many fluctuating days to stay on the patch. I now take a sublingual estrogen (compounded), that is #1 cheaper than I could get the Vivelle dot for and #2 keeps my hormones steadier.
My nurse practioner also but me on a supplement - DIM - that helps protect breast tissue. I've had no tenderness, but she told me that if I up the estrogen and have some tenderness, I should up the DIM also. (DIM is from cruciferous vegetables, I found it at Vitamin Warehouse and Sunflower market)

I also read about not sleeping - I was also restless. My NP gave me 100 mg compounded progesterone at night and I'm sleeping much better.

Best of luck!
Unread 11-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Thanks smartblond for the ideas,

I will have to check with my insurance to see what is covered under compounding. I know it didn't cover my compounded testosterone. I think my doctor would write a script for comp. Progesterone but I can only handle a teeny bit of OTC usp progesterone as it beats out my estrogen. If I don't succeed w/femring...I may be headed to the estrogen compounded route:
Thanks for the ideas! Its nice to know there are options. I go weeks w/great health then....BAM<!hormone hell for weeks. I was always hoping the next batch of patches were the hormone jackpot!
Thanks again!
ST

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register