Vivelle Dot and bloating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle Dot and bloating Vivelle Dot and bloating

Unread 08-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Vivelle Dot and bloating

The abdominal bloating is a huge concern of mine. My story is unique and now after reading these reports from other women I am concerned. I have been through 3 surgeries in 7 months. The first was my abdominal hysterectomy with my abdominoplasty. I tried to save both ovaries but then within 3 months starting having cysts on the left and my surgeon had to open me up to take out the left and found it had wrapped around my large colon. while recovering after that surgey my right ovary developed large cysts. So unfortunately within 3 months my surgeon had to perform a laparoscopy to remove it and found I had also a bowel obstruction. To make a long story short I then started on the Vivelle Dot 0.0375mg 1 week after surgery. Within 8 hours I felt like a new woman. Calm, happy and relaxed. Unfortunately I too have now experienced this abdominal bloating. My abdomen becomes so distended by the end of the day. Even after I have had an abdominoplasty and do have a flat belly! This swelling is so painful. The doctors don't know what is causing it. I believe it is the Vivelle Dot no question there! Any suggestions as to what I can try next? Has anyone had swelling with Bio identical creams?
Help me if you can I feel so overwhelmed in all my surgeries and now I am in surgical menopause and need HRT! Futuremehttps://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/images/smilies/friends2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Re: Vivelle dot and bloating?

I started the Vivelle dot ( .05) at 4 weeks post op but found that abdominal bloating caused pain, perhaps due to pulling (?) on the vaginal cuff and pushing (?) on the internal surgery. I stopped and then started with half of a patch a few times.

I feel the need for estrogen ( was on HRT for 17 years before the hysterectomy) and am trying it again. I hadn't noticed any water retention and weight gain but wasn't on it for that long.

Vivelle sticks on better than other patches and, unlike some, can be cut to reduce the dosage.
Unread 10-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Re: Vivelle dot and bloating?

I have been on Vivelle dot .05 since my surgery in May. It took me til 12 weeks postop to really lose the swelly belly so give it some time. Now I am more than 5 months post op and do have some swelling. I noticed that if I just eat 'normal' foods at home I do fine. As soon as I go out to eat more than one meal in a row (like on a vacation or a weekend away), I am more swollen immediately and it takes a while for it to go away. I've gotten very sensitive to changes in diet. Have to watch for constipation and high-sodium foods. I have lost weight since the surgery and have so much more energy since the surgery. I work out at least four times a week and always feel good enough to do that; haven't felt that great in many years. I have practically no hot flashes and no mood swings. Sex drive is better than ever. So, overall I am pretty happy with Vivelle and just drink prune juice every day, eat some dried prunes and eat Activia yoghurt. Starting with sit-ups again too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register