daVinci 1 Month Post-Op Bleeding, Navel Pain, Incision Pain, & Bladder Leaking | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

daVinci 1 Month Post-Op Bleeding, Navel Pain, Incision Pain, & Bladder Leaking daVinci 1 Month Post-Op Bleeding, Navel Pain, Incision Pain, & Bladder Leaking

Unread 10-31-2010, 04:32 PM
daVinci 1 Month Post-Op Bleeding, Navel Pain, Incision Pain, & Bladder Leaking

I have kept my doctor in the loop as I continue to suffer complications. I am about one month post-op from a daVinci Total Hysterectomy on October 1. My doctor told me not to expect any bleeding upon being released from the hospital. You could imagine my horror & shock when I bled through my clothes 10 days post-op! I've continued to bleed every day since then. (20 days of bleeding & counting!) For Halloween, I'm going as an eternally bleeding surgical patient.

I have had on-going radiating pain from my navel incision -- about 6 inches in ALL directions. It's a deep pain -- not related to the external incision. Some days, it's hardly noticeable. Other days, every movement causes pain -- even slow walking. More days than not, I still suffer this pain. Weeks later.

I have had naval incision pain, which differs from the pain described above. Sometimes, in the shower, it burns, like an open wound under water. Last night the navel incision was bothering me enough where I spent the evening walking about the house without pants! It continued to trouble me throughout the night with increasing pain, until this morning, through tears, I took one of the left-over Rx pain killers from surgery. Visually, it doesn't look any more grotesque than it did at any other time post-op. There's no oozing. No fever.

My bladder likes to make things interesting for me. This complication has settled down greatly in the recent post-op weeks, but there are still frustrating moments when I "leak."

As mentioned before, my doctor is aware of all of this. She keeps telling me "the surgery went GREAT" & she doesn't understand why I'm having so many problems. She told me, "Some patients just handle surgery better than others." I have faith in her as a doctor, but I am no less frustrated & disheartened by all of my post-op complications. Sisters, just let me know I'm not alone in all of this. Any encouraging words or suggestions? Thanks, Sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Re: daVinci 1 Month Post-Op Bleeding, Navel Pain, Incision Pain, & Bladder Leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lovett View Post
I have kept my doctor in the loop as I continue to suffer complications. I am about one month post-op from a daVinci Total Hysterectomy on October 1.

I have had on-going radiating pain from my navel incision -- about 6 inches in ALL directions. It's a deep pain -- not related to the external incision. Some days, it's hardly noticeable. Other days, every movement causes pain -- even slow walking. More days than not, I still suffer this pain. Weeks later.

I have had naval incision pain, which differs from the pain described above. Sometimes, in the shower, it burns, like an open wound under water. Last night the navel incision was bothering me enough where I spent the evening walking about the house without pants! It continued to trouble me throughout the night with increasing pain, until this morning, through tears, I took one of the left-over Rx pain killers from surgery. Visually, it doesn't look any more grotesque than it did at any other time post-op. There's no oozing. No fever.

As mentioned before, my doctor is aware of all of this. She keeps telling me "the surgery went GREAT" & she doesn't understand why I'm having so many problems. She told me, "Some patients just handle surgery better than others." I have faith in her as a doctor, but I am no less frustrated & disheartened by all of my post-op complications. Sisters, just let me know I'm not alone in all of this. Any encouraging words or suggestions? Thanks, Sisters!
HI Mrs. Lovett!

I am 6 1/2 weeks post DaVinci assisted TVH/BSO/ Partial Vaginectomy.

My naval incisions (I had one above and one below for a total of 6 incisions) are still driving me crazy. I, too, have a deep belly pain in that area to the right of the navel that is about 5-6 inches around. I even had a CT scan 10 days ago that showed nothing unusual. It hurts sometimes to walk and still hurts to climb stairs and get in and out of bed and the car. I have only driven once as pressing on the gas pedal bothers that area as well. Also, I still have to sleep on my back as the pain increases when I am on either side.

I also have a burning feeling in the skin all around my navel and belly. I can only wear sweat pants or exercise clothing that has smooth elastic and even then I put a t-shirt between that and my bare skin. I hope someday to wear a regular pair of pants again! I can't even imagine that yet. Warm or hot water makes the pain worse, too. I have been showering in luke warm water.

I also like my Drs. (I had two surgeons) and have been in twice for this pain. Like your Doc, they tell me I'm fine and all went well. I feel like I'm just batting my head against the wall.

You are not alone in this pain and I hope we both get some relief soon!

Good Luck to you.
Unread 11-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Re: daVinci 1 Month Post-Op Bleeding, Navel Pain, Incision Pain, & Bladder Leaking

Hiya

I too leak and dribble...*sigh* but I was told that this is because our kegel muscles arent being used as much and have become lazy..who wants to tighten anything near the vagina so soon after surgery anyway ? LOL

So take heart this too shall pass...but not in THAT way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM

I too am still suffering from pain inside around the incinsion area....and I'm going on 4wks recovery. Will this pain ever stop?
Unread 11-01-2010, 09:58 AM

I am also experiencing vaginal bleeding. Dr says this is normal and that as long as it is brick red blood (not bright red) that all is okay and that this is old blood....Well how much old blood can there be?? It has been continual now for a week. Somedays it is heavy and some it is minimal, but as it continues, I wonder how long will this go on....Is this normal??
Unread 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM

Thank you, Sisters, for letting me know I am not alone in this mess. Until now, the only person I have heard of with all of the same post-op complications I am having ended up hemorrhaging, & returning to the hospital...where she died 3 weeks later at 37 years old. With all of my ongoing bleeding & pain, I am constantly fearful that "that could be me" at any moment.

We are not alone, Sisters. What we are experiencing is not normal, but at least we are not the only known cases, either. I don't know how I would be coping without this wonderful website. I've learned more from here than I have from the questions I've asked my doctor. Thank you, all, for being a part of my recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register