Scheduled dVH/RALH Granny panties for dVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granny panties for dVH? Granny panties for dVH?

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Granny panties for dVH?

Will I want oversized granny panties for a da Vinci hyst? I usually wear hipsters. I can't wait to get rid of my stained period sheets as well as the stained panties.

I've never been into fancy, lacy panties or thongs (I prefer to keep my rather fluffy backside well covered) but I went out yesterday and bought myself two of those super-romantic, vintage-y and very *white* sheer cotton and lace nightgowns with matching robes that I've always wanted.

I also bought some *very* sexy red (the box calls it Ferrari Red) slingback heels that brought a to my DH's face! Just because I'm about to slam headfirst into surgical menopause tomorrow doesn't mean I can't look hot afterwards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Re: Granny panties for dVH?

I was scheduled for a LSH that turned into an open abdominal procedure, so I have little incisions from the scopes and the bikini cut. I bought some hipsters one size larger than normal and have done fine with them, despite the swelling from the bikini cut.

Good luck with your procedure and recovery. Sounds like you'll be "one hot mama" once you're all done!
Unread 11-03-2010, 12:55 PM

I had the daVinci and I wore bikini undies for the first two weeks and now wear my hipsters. Both kinds were my regular size too. Good luck tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2010, 01:07 PM

I've been wearing my old standard stuff. For moisture & air transfer, I prefer cotton, but have worn microfiber or whatever is handy. The only real requirement I have to cover my bikini cut is that they be stretchy. I'm not wearing butt floss (thongs) yet, though. I may get those out after everything is healed.
Unread 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM

You go girl! Good for you for going out and treating yourself!

As for undies, well I too was confused on that topic when I was in pre-op. However, I didn't end up buying any new larger size undies. After my TAH, I have been using my existing regular-size cotton undies and they seem to be just fine.

So perhaps buy a couple of larger size undies if you like or wait until after surgery and have your DH go out and buy some if you need larger ones.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.
Unread 11-03-2010, 01:38 PM

I had bought some one size larger, but ended up not using them. I gave them to DH's Mom.
Unread 11-03-2010, 06:18 PM

I'm 2+ weeks out... still in the same bikini panties as before... they are low enough they don't rub any of my incisions and like you, can't wait to go buy new ones that won't ever be stained again!!!

For the incisions, I wear a cami under my shirt... that keeps my shirt/pants from rubbing against those incisions...

Guess it all comes down to wear what works best for you.

Dee
Unread 11-04-2010, 05:04 PM

My incisions are above wear my panty line sit. I typicall wear medium size thongs and boy shorts. I found the boy shorts to be helpful during recovery because if you get the "extra stretch" kind, you'll be able to pull them over your incisions like Pee Wee Herman.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register